Gymnastics Update and Pumpkins...

I'm so bummed this picture turned out blurry. It would have been so cute of Ava jumping on the trampoline at gymnastics. I was able to make it to Ava's gymnastics class at 10:30 on Friday morning and it was so fun to see how much she has developed her skills since the last time I watched her.
Here she is with her coach Scott on the bars...
... and this is her buddy Alex after class.

Now we switch gears to pumpkin carving!
Ava was so excited to carve her pumpkins this weekend but unfortunately we left them outside in the cold and snowy weather so when we brought them inside Ava had to patiently wait until they thawed out enough to stick a knife in them. We finally got to them on Sunday afternoon. In the mean time she had a few small pumpkins that she painted. At first Ava was excited to show Dylan what to do, but she quickly got down to business cleaning out her pumpkins.
While Ava was hard at work, Dylan, of course was busy eating (no wonder he's in the 98th percentile).
I can't decide if these two are curious or confused?
I really wanted Ava to carve her own pumpkin because she was so excited about it this year, but after about the first two stabs with the knife I suddenly got nervous and saw an accident waiting to happen. Ava decided it was ok if she drew her pumpkin face with a pen first by herself and then agreed that mom could help carve the face out with a sharp knife. Ava held the knife but mom guided it along, thus Ava still felt successful.
Dylan apparently needed a little break of wrestling with dad.
Finally we have some adorable finished pumpkins. We cut them out exactly how Ava drew them and I just love their great shaped mouths. Good job Ava!It was a little chilly outside but we managed to get at least a few pictures outside.
Last but not least.... GO BRONCOS! Here's Ava and Dad watching the Broncos pull off another big W today. I think Simon only got to watch about 10 mins of the game between pumpkins, playing outside, and leaving for dinner, and although I'm sure he wished he could have watched more of the game, at least the Broncos won and he got to snuggle with Ava for a few minutes.

3 comments:

Kel said...

I love how you dressed the kids up in their Halloween apparel for the pumpkin carving! We haven't even been to the pumpkin patch to do our annual shopping yet. It is on the agenda for next weekend! Looks like you had fun.

Julie said...

Did Dylan really eat the pumpkin? I'm surprised he liked it! Very cute pictures of the carving pumpkins!!!

Beth Hoden said...

Hey Kelly! I feel really behind, so thanks for getting me to kick it into gear! We have been to the pumpkin patch, but haven't bought any pumpkins yet, so I need to get on that! Halloween is just a few weeks away! I haven't even decorated the house with Halloween stuff yet...maybe tomorrow. Love the pictures of Ava at gymnastics. Next time you go, take a video like the last time. I'd love to see it!

background