
I love Friday's, but this Friday our weekend started off a little slow with Ava having a sad night... good thing Ava's daddy loves to snuggle with her in the rocking chair to help cheer her up. Of course Dylan wanted to join in and help cheer up Ava too with his big smile. I think Ava was just tired from a busy week (swimming, school, gymnastics). After Ava quickly cheered up, we headed out for dinner.
On Saturday morning the whole family went and tried out a new music class that I have been wanting to check out for a Saturday morning activity. Ava is in lots of physical activities so I thought it would be fun to sign us up for a music class that the whole family could participate in. It's called Music Together and they come to Ava's school every Wednesday's and Ava seems to just loves them, so I thought it might be fun to have the whole family go on Saturday mornings. I think we all thought the class was just OK so I was a little bummed about that. I was hoping it was going to be a lot of fun and that for the price of the class, I was hoping we would get a little more out of it. I think we'll look for something else, but I'm glad we at least tried it out. (Sorry no pictures).


Later we headed to the park for just a gorgeous afternoon. We played for over an hour and then Ava (and Dylan) came home and took a very long nap. Ava slept almost 3 hours which was perfect because after going out for dinner that night, Ava was then able to stay up later than usual and play catch with dad outside and play a silly ball game where they like throw the ball way up onto of the roof and try to catch the ball as it rolls off the roof into the yard.

On Sunday we headed over to our friends house for a super fun BBQ. The big kids had so much fun playing in the water (it was really warm out)...

...and the little guys had fun watching them. (Dylan is the one sitting up).
It was a perfect way to end a great weekend.

I had to include this picture because the one comment we seem to always receive from friends/family about Dylan is that he has such long eye lashes. I took this picture while he was sleeping to get a good view of his lashes. I think it also might be the last time I'll have a picture of him falling asleep in this car seat. He has totally out grown this car seat and his feet stick off the end of the seat, plus it's few and far between that Dylan actually falls asleep on short car rides anymore.
3 comments:
Sounds like you all had a very nice weekend. It looked gorgeous outside! :)
How fun that your friends have around the same ages of kids as you guys do! Also...those eyelashes are a girls dream. Of course it's the boys who usually end up with them:)
Love the lashes! WOW! Mallory and Zach love playing that ball game too with the roof! Glad you had some family time!
Post a Comment