Starting off the weekend, my mom and dad came down from the mountains to spend the weekend with us and we also had a visit from my Aunt Cindy who was vacationing in Colorado for the Memorial Day weekend. I loved getting to see her and I was so happy that she was able to spend the whole day and evening with us - playing with the kids, going out for lunch down town, going to the Art Fair, and ending the day with an "indoor" BBQ (because of the rain) and yummy Birthday cake that Ava and Shorana made for me. I loved the cake and Happy Birthday wishes! Thanks to Aunt Cindy for coming to see all of us and a big thank you to Grandpy too, for hauling his 25 foot ladder down from the mtns and thank you to both Grandpy and Simon for spending a good part of their Saturday doing home improvement projects in the RAIN. I am very appreciative. :)
On Sunday morning my parents, Ava, Dylan and I packed up ALL our gear and headed down to Colorado Springs for some more fun. Sharona made reservations at a beautiful hotel with an indoor and outdoor pool so Ava was very, very excited about that. Staying at a hotel was a treat in itself and we all had a blast splashing in the indoor pool (it was raining so we didn't get to go in the outdoor pool). Ava was so excited to be swimming in a pool at the hotel that we had to keep reminding her not to run in the pool area, but I was so glad she was really enjoying herself. Dylan had way too much fun in the pool... see videos below. Then we had a nice dinner, came back to the hotel and put the kids (well really everyone) to bed, from a busy day.
Then we woke up Monday and headed to the gorgeous Cheyenne Mt. Zoo. I thought the zoo was very impressive and I have to say I even like it better then the Denver Zoo. The zoo was up in the beautiful Cheyenne Mountains with gorgeous high, wooden bridges and lots of trees and of course the mountains themselves made for a beautiful backdrop. The best part was that it wasn't a huge zoo, thus making it easy to get around and also wasn't overwhelming. The Giraffes were the highlight of the zoo and we got to see the Mt. Lion's get feed raw meat so that was very exciting. When I asked Ava what her favorite part was, she said she liked feeding the Giraffes, feeding the chipmonks, petting the animals, riding the pony, riding the carousel, seeing all the animals, the list went on and on... I guess she must have had fun. :)
We had a great weekend, but we were so excited to come home and finally see dad after he came home from a VERY long day of working the Bolder Boulder.


2 comments:
I love the pics of you and the kids, Kel. How adorable! They are definitely framers! Have a wonderful 29th bday today!
Love the pics---and happy birthday! The video of Dylan is so cute. I'm glad you had so much fun!
Post a Comment