You Stay Classy, San Diego

This past weekend I was able to treat myself to an amazing, get-away weekend in San Diego with my girlfriends from high school. The weekend was part of our annual girls weekend trip, but this year we made it extra special to celebrate Katie getting married in June. Since this is a "family-friendly" blog, I won't share the details of our weekend :) but rather I'll tell you about all the fun things my kids were up to while I was gone. I really had such a wonderful time away, but I missed my kids (and Simon) dearly and was so excited to see them on Sunday night when I got home. While I was gone I also missed Omi's visit out to CO so I was very sad to have not been able to see her while she was out here, but I know that Ava, Dylan and Simon loved getting to spend time with her. I don't have any pictures of Omi with the kids because I took the camera with me to San Diego so I'm very bummed about that, but I do know that they had lots of fun and Dylan and Ava were both wonderful while I was gone (I'm not surprised as they are such great kids).

While I was gone Dylan, got his first tooth (it's not all the way through yet but it's poking through his gum), his hair grew, he grew, his smile got even bigger (hard to believe), his laugh got stronger, he slept 12 hours a night all four nights I was gone, and he was his normal, happy, easy going self. In this picture Dylan is eating cantaloupe. He loves to suck on cantaloupe, bananas, and apples.
Ava got to go to the Children's Museum with Omi and ran in another kids race with Simon around the baseball diamond at Coors Field. She told me she ran fast! Ava was a helpful big sister by helping Dad and Omi take care of Dylan while mom was gone. Ava sounded more grown up and looked older to me when I got home - amazing how much they can change just over a long weekend. This is a picture of Ava at her race at Coors Field taken with Simon's phone.

1 comment:

Kel said...

Sounds like EVERYONE had a great weekend. I was wondering what that cantaloupe was...I thought it was a big piece of cheese...must be the WI in me. :)

background