Who's going to take me ski'n?

This morning we woke up to a little snow which was great because it's been so dry in Denver, but we haven't been use to feeling the cold lately (it was in the 70's last week). Ava helped brighten my day with her big girl conversation:

Ava: "Mom, guess what? It snowed"
Mom: "I know, Ava. I saw the snow out the window. Are you excited that it snowed?"
Ava: "Are you going to take me ski'n?"
Mom: "Oh, I wish I could take you Ava, but I have to work today"
Ava: "Well, then who's going to take me?"
Mom with a smile: "I'm sorry, Ava, but you can't go skiing today because it's a school day. Maybe we can go another weekend?"
Ava: "But mom, we can't wait for the weekend because the sun will come up and dry up all the snow"
Mom: "I really wish we could go skiing Ava, but we'll just have to wait to go another time"
Ava: "I wish I could take the car and drive up to the mountains.... Nah... I'm just kiddin you mom... I can't drive, I don't have my drivers license"

2 comments:

Kel said...

Oh, that is just about the cutest conversation, Kel! Too bad you couldn't just play hookey, huh?
:)Kel

Julie said...

I love the conversation Kel! :) Hilarious!

background