The curriculum units Ava's class are currently studying are jungles and rainforest's and someone that works at their day-care has a python snake (I've never understood why someone would want a snake as a pet). He brought it in to share with the ECE class. Ava was soooo brave and really liked Tyson the python. I took one look at the snake and was squirming and I think my heart rate even piked up. Miss Carol informed me that Ava was one of the bravest kids around the snake and she liked petting him and she wanted to keep visiting Tyson. Ava REALLY likes all animals/creatures (except spiders) and has never been afraid of animals, even of large animals like horses etc... I've even had two parents email after the snake day to let me know that Ava was telling them all about the snake when they came to pick up their kids at school and that she seemed very excited. Good thing she's still asks about getting kitten and not a snake.On the car ride home Ava and my conversation went like this:
Mom: "Ava, what did you think of the snake today?"
Ava: "I liked him"
Mom: "Do you like snakes"
Ava: "I liked him"
Mom: "Do you like snakes"
Ava: "Yes, I like yellow snakes with yellow spots. He is smooooth and soft"....... "Do you like snakes, mom?"
Mom: "Nooooo, I really don't like snakes, Ava"
Mom: "Nooooo, I really don't like snakes, Ava"
Ava: "It's ok mom. You can like him and you can touch him and pet him and he will not bite you or eat you because he already ate lunch".
I just laughed.


1 comment:
Ava, you are one brave little girl! I think that snakes are cool, too, but I'm not brave enough to touch one. :)
Post a Comment