85 Pictures To Share Our July

Lots of travels and birthdays/celebrations in July meant I took a ton of pictures this month. I tried to narrow them down as best as I could but, there were so many great ones. Here are 97 pictures to share our busy July.

July 2nd, the kids and I flew into Milwaukee, WI to visit my very best friend Kelly, and her husband Chad, and their adorable kids Lainey and Andrew over the 4th of July holiday. 
The kids got right to playing when we arrived starting with water games in the sun, dressing up and reading... 
...park time and a...
...Beloit, WI Snappers minor league baseball game.
We discovered in WI that Dylan is allergic to cats too just like his sister is. Bummer. 
More reading time.
Taking the Ekedahl family pontoon boat out on the river and...
...getting some tubing time in too.

Ava and Dylan showing off.

Dinner with Kel's brother and family at the Ekedahl family cottage.

Who want's s'more?!
The adults got a chance to relax too.
Kelly Kelly. 
The kids ran the 1 mile fun run on the 4th of July while...
...Kelly and I both ran the 10k. I was able to pull off a 1st for the women.
Looking festive for the neighborhood parade.

Happy 4th of July!
Evening kickball game before the fireworks.
Our good friend Julie, her husband Zach and their two kids were able to join us for an evening gathering and the 4th of July fireworks so that was so amazing to spend time with these two ladies
Andrew, Lainey, Mallory, Dylan, Ava, & Brady.
Still young at heart. We had such a special time with the Kleifoth's in WI and I already miss them so much.
 Missing their Dad meant wrestling time for these three right when we got home from WI on Sunday.
 Home from vacation and it was time to get ready to celebrate Ava's 10th birthday early because she was going to be out of town (out of state) on her birthday.
Saturday, July 11th we raced home from Golden after Ava's basketball tournament to meet all of Ava's friends who arrived at our house to celebrate Ava's birthday. To kick off the night, Simon and I took this wonderful group of girls to see "Inside Out" at the big theater. 
Dylan brought along is friend Sasha too. They're so cute and remind me of an old married couple. 
Movie snack packs. Yum!
Up next the girls (and Simon, Cathie and I) laughed hysterically at the girls playing a fun minute-to-win-it game with cotton balls and vaseline. 
So hilarious that I had tears from laughing so hard.

Ava's cake choice this year was brownies and ice cream.
Game number two was a light saber battle. Thanks Simon for having so many Star Wars light sabers to share. ;)

Game three... another minute-to-win-it marshmallow toss.
Slumber party (until 3 am) in the basement.
Dylan and Sasha had a slumber party too.
Surprised they were able to get up after a late night. Such a fun 10th party for Ava.
A relaxing day at the pool was much needed after a busy birthday celebration.
Another birthday celebration of Marley turning 12. It was Marley's golden birthday of turning 12 on July 12th.
 The Ava and Dylan set up their usual scavenger hunt which always confuses Marley, but...
 ...it's still fun for all and...
 ...Marley gets lots of yummy treats.
She's getting older but, still doing so well.
Another early birthday celebration for Ava, on July 14h with just our family. Ava and I left the next evening for Los Vegas so we had to celebrate her 10th birthday early again before we left town.

Ava chose to go downtown for her birthday dinner. Simon found a great street taco place across from Union Station and then we headed...
...to the newly renovated Union Station for some delicious ice cream and...
...and playtime in the fountains.

Happy 10th birthday to this beautiful young girl.
Dylan loving the fountains too.

On the evening of July 15th Ava and I flew out to Los Vegas for a CBC basketball tournament through Sunday, July 19th.
The girls' first stop was the kids casino for some big winnings.
The girls loved the huge pool at the hotel too and...
...enjoyed some relaxation between tournament games.
Taylor's little brother loving all the girls surrounding him.
CBC poolside... I know it doesn't look like it but, yet the girls really did play basketball too.
The complex the girls played in was huge with over 80 basketball courts thus 80 games going on at one time.
Finally... it was time to wish Ava a happy birthday on her actual birthday of July 16th, in Vegas.
Getting ready for their game.
Peyton and Ava wanted to check out the M&M factory.

Walking the Vegas strip. Check out the huge roller coaster behind us that Ava and I later road on.
The girls working hard against bigger, older players.
Check out the tall girl Ava's trying to box out.
Dinning out at Rainforest Cafe! 
Peace to these cool girls and...
...the parents can be cool too.
A night out on the town ready to ride...
...the NewYork New York roller coast in Los Vegas. Smiles and dizziness. 
Jackpot!
Here is the largest roller coaster I think I've been on and...
...here is the picture to prove it. I had such a blast with Ava.
Catching the beauty of the Bellagio Fountains.
I had such a fun trip in Vegas with Ava and...
...it truly wasn't all just fun. The girls played a ton of basketball and...
...all the girls really stepped up and played so well in a competitive tournament. Ava even made her first three pointer in a game. Woohoo!
Awesome job CBC in Los Vegas.
While Ava and I were in Los Vegas, Simon was busy timing lots of races so Dylan got to spend the weekend in the mountains, for the first time by himself (without Ava), with Grampy and Sharona. 
Apparently, there was a lot of time spent driving the four wheeler and... 
...playing in the creek.

Ava continued her summer travels with a trip to Rocky Mountain National park for a two-night-overnight camping trip on Tuesday, July 21st through the 2nd. She was very exhausted from her busy summer schedule of basketball tournaments, summer camp day trips, family vacations and just having returned from Vegas on Sunday night but, she still had enough energy for an amazing camping trip with Willows.
 While Ava was off camping Omi invited my mom, Simon and I, to go with her to the beautiful Botanic Gardens to listen to...
...her good friend Keb'Mo (Kevin) play some blues music. Simon was so busy with work that week however, that he decided last minute not to go so... we took Dylan instead. It was a beautiful concert minus the part where Dylan unfortunately, got extremely stomach sick so we had to leave the concert early. Therefore, we weren't able to go back stage to say hi to Kevin after the concert but, we still had a great evening while it lasted.
Our last but, most important, celebration in July. Simon and I toasted to our 12th anniversary at our favorite place, the Melting Pot in downtown Littleton. 

No comments:

background