Happy Halloween and a Big Congrats to Simon

Friday night our Halloween fun kicked off with a cute little parade at Ava and Dylan's daycare with a fun little party that followed. We were so glad the weather warmed up from all the snow we had just been dumped on two days before. Here is Ava with some of her class mates and their teacher Mrs. Singleton who dressed up as the Tooth Fairy.

My videos are awful because I was standing in a bad spot, but at least you can eventually see Dylan who was not happy about dressing up, but later warmed up to his costume by Halloween day.

In this video you'll see how Ava's more interested in saying hi to Dylan than to her own mom. :)

Happy Halloween from my cute, little Chicken and beautiful Mermaid.
We're so happy the sun came out and warmed up Saturday to make for a great day of Halloween fun. The snow was melting quickly.
Our first stop was a Halloween party which was fun but we only stayed an hour (we had a lot to fit in that evening/night). Then for our 2nd stop we headed over to Wash. Park's Gaylord Safe Street for Trick-or-Treating and fun.
Ava was thrilled to do her favorite activity of jumping in the jumpy castle. I'm surprised her costume held up as she went flying down the jumpy slide and crawling through the tunnels.
During Halloween, Gaylord Street is blocked off for shop owners to set up candy stations for kids to trick-or-treat at their shop's front doors. There are also two jumpy castles and other fun activities for the kids. Ava had a great time and Dylan enjoyed pushing his stroller around the crowded streets. Truly it was a little over whelming for me to handle both kids, without Simon, in a huge crowd of people. Ava very enthusiastically trick-or-treated on our walk back to the car. Again, not sure how her costume held up so well as she was running up and down stairs.
When we got home from an afternoon/evening of fun, Ava quickly took her job of passing out candy very seriously while I made dinner. She did not want to leave the door for even one second. At one point she said "Mom, I have to go to the bathroom" and I said "well, then go, sweety" and she replied "well, what about the trick-or-treaters?"
After dinner we headed back out for more trick-or-treating fun in our neighborhood. I was hoping Ava had her fill of trick-or-treating in Wash. Park, only because it was already past Dylan's bed time. Ava still wanted to do more trick-or-treating and since Dylan had two very long naps that day, we headed out for some more candy and fun. Dylan was a trooper while Ava and Marley ran around to the neighborhood houses.


Last but not least, a big congrats to Simon for running an amazing marathon race in NYC on Sunday. Simon ran an impressive 2:48:55. He ran a smart race, felt great and finished strong. I'm just so happy for him and only wished I could have been there to celebrate with him. Great job Simon! We're all looking forward to Simon being home on Monday.

1 comment:

Kel said...

Wow, looks like Halloween fun was everywhere for you guys! I love the new big picture of the kids in their costumes. Cute!

background