Simon kicked off the weekend running a 5k Saturday morning and placing 3rd over all. The kids and I were suppose to get up and go cheer him on, BUT we decided to stay home and relax in our pj's, eat warm oatmeal and color turkey pictures. We then headed to the park for over an hour; the weather was gorgeous! After Simon got home we managed to get a lot done around the house while we were patiently waiting for Dylan to wake up from his marathon nap (he must have played to hard in the nice weather). Of course when we had some place to go, he decided to sleep until 4:30pm, thus we were extremely late for William's 2nd Birthday party but...
...we made it in time for cake and Dylan managed to polish off an entire piece before we headed out for dinner. Look at Dylan's determination to eat while standing.
After the party we headed out for dinner and I'm not sure if it was the deliciously, chocolaty cake Dylan ate before dinner or because of his marathon nap, but this was the 2nd time in the last two weeks that Simon, Ava and I have had to inhale our food (not sure any of us even finished) in order to leave the restaurant promptly because Dylan was screaming.
Dylan was not screaming because he was mad or frustrated or tired or hungry, he was just screaming of joy and to make noise. Although it's kind-of funny, we restrain ourselves from laughing in order to not encourage Dylan AND it also makes me extremely uncomfortable and I feel bad for other customers in the restaurant thus the reason for leaving so promptly. The funny thing was that it's not like we were having to leave some fancy restaurant where a noisy baby was obvious... instead we had to leave an already noisy Chipotle, and as of this weekend, a Smash Burger where Dylan's scream was over and above the already noisy restaurant. HELP. What's up with this new screaming joy of glee and how do I make it stop!
Here's the 1st Santa picture of the Season at a 5k race on Sunday and check out the smile on Ava. She has already started making her Christmas list including a new baby stroller (because Dylan keeps using her old one which is now duck taped on the handle and torn in the seat) and anything with Cinderella on it.
I thought this was a fun picture showing the crazy course I had the chance to run on Sunday morning during a 5k. It felt like a cross country race running in mud, snow, grassy field, hills, up stadium stairs. It was fun!
We got home from the race just in time to celebrate Grampy's birthday at our house with cake outside on the warm, sunny deck. It was perfect. Mom and Dad stopped so we could have cake and so they could also see the kids on their way home from Kansas.
Happy Birthday Dad/Grampy! Again, Dylan is polishing off another piece of yummy, chocolaty cake BUT this time we stayed home for dinner. :)
P.S. I haven't had time to add in all the email addressed to update security, but hopefully I will in the next few days.

3 comments:

Kel said...

Aww, the pic of Dylan, Ava and Billy is soooo cute! I love that Dylan has cake all over his face. Mmmmm!

Julie said...

Looks like another fun weekend...and no worries, I think all of us families are inhaling our food these days when out to eat! I'm glad Dylan likes cake...a man after my own heart! :)

Katy and Al said...

We've recently started going to retaurants with the girls not too long ago. We enjoy it with the girls and we just miss going out. But the last time we went out for pizza, they also started screaming just to scream. The only way we could stop it was to keep feeding them ceral. Then those ran out. We promtly finished our meal! We know exactly how you guys feel! Love the Illini Jacket Simon was wearing. (Gift from me. I'm glad he's able to wear it!!!!)

background