+-+Copy.JPG)
.JPG)
Turkey Fun #1: Ava and Dylan were all bundled up to cheer on Simon in his 10k Turkey Trot race on Saturday morning. We did our best to cheer Simon on in the cold weather. We later headed out for brunch with Simon's friend Brandon, his wife Kim, and their three girls after the race to warm up our belly's.
.JPG)
Can you find Simon? He's wearing black shorts with a blue and white singlet and a black hat.
.JPG)
Turkey Fun #2: Later that Saturday afternoon Sharona arrived safely in Denver with all the snow that started dumping on us late that afternoon. It sounds like Ava and Dylan had a fun night with Sharona while Simon and I enjoyed a wonderful night out with our friends for a yummy, Thanksgiving-with-friends party. Thanks mom for watching the kiddos before heading off to Palm Springs.
.JPG)
Turkey Fun #3: Sunday we woke up to tons of snow (10 inches). I managed to muster up the energy, after a late night out with friends, to run a 5k race in Boulder on a very cold and snowy morning.
.JPG)
Ava was my inspiration that morning. After looking out the window to see all the snow that had fallen, Ava paused for a few seconds, but then said she still wanted to run in her kids race so I figured I'd better get tough as well. Plus, it was a great way to burn off all the turkey and pie eaten the night before. Luckily, Sharona was still at our house that morning before leaving on vacation so we didn't have to bring Dylan out in the cold again. I placed first for the women which helped make all the efforts a little more worth it after having to dress in layers, drive on horrible roads to the race, and run on snowy, muddy roads.
.JPG)
Ava had fun in her little kids race even while having to run in her snow pants. By then it had almost stopped snowing so that helped. Ava loves getting ribbons at the kids races and of course the kids goody bag. After the races we were waiting for the awards to start so we were playing music and dancing in the car to keep warm and Simon and I could tell Ava was really enjoying a little time to herself with just mom and dad. As much as she LOVES Dylan, I think she cherishes the moments when it's just the three of us.
On a side note: Dylan 1st molar popped through on the top right with a second one coming through on the bottom right. Now he'll really be chowing down even more then he already does with his new big chompers. Plus, Dylan is now a walking machine and just wants to practice his walking all the time. Good job buddy!
3 comments:
Oh Man! We haven't had to face the onset of a molar yet...YIKES! Hang tight, little buddy! Looks like all the snow that is not here, is there. You are troopers...and dedicated little runners! :)
That's crazy you have had all that snow already! I'm impressed that you made it out and ran in it. I have to get used to that again!! :) Glad Ava was so enthusiastic about it! Have a great week!
You are a die-hard Kelly. So impressive that you guys did the run! If the wind isn't blowing in the right direction, I usually stay home:) Have a good week!
Post a Comment