Dylan's off the charts... literally!

Dylan had his 12 month wellness check up today. It was 4 days past his birthday, but I was trying to save myself a trip to the pediatricians by combining Dylan's wellness visit with the limited offered Flu Shot Clinics that are at our pediatricians office. Dylan and Ava both received their flu vaccinations and Ava enjoyed being the doctor's little helper while checking Dylan over. Ava confirmed that "his heart is beeping".

Dylan did great with all his little development tests and he weighed in at a whopping 24.8 lbs (78%) which is not surprising because he just about breaks my arm off if I carry him too long; man that kid needs to get walking :). He's made some big progress in the past three days with standing for longer periods of time on his own and he loves to push his train (even with Ava on it) around the house going pretty fast, but he's just not sure about walking on his own yet. No worries as the average age for boy's to walk is 13/14 months and I'm sure he'll be there soon enough and then I know from experience that I will soon miss the days of getting to carry him when he starts to "refuse" to be carried.

Dylan is also off the charts, literally, with his height measuring in at 32.5 inches long. The growth charts at the pediatricians office measure out to only the 97 percentile for height and Dylan's dot (height at 12 month's mark) is outside of the chart at roughly 98/99% (according to what the doctor thinks) so that's pretty fun (or scary). The pediatrician asked me, jokingly, if we had any freakishly tall people in our family. Ahhh! I guess his height confirms why he can easily wear most 24 month sized clothes already.

1 comment:

Kel said...

Did your doctor really use the words "freakishly tall," because I'm not so sure Kel?? I think it is fun that he is so tall. At this rate it won't be too long before he passes Ava up. (You should start reminding her it won't be too long before he can take her.) :)Kel

background