Ava and Dylan love to play hid-and-seek with each other in our walk-in closet. It's a fun way for them to scream and laugh and stay busy while I'm getting ready in the morning. Although, our closet often gets destroyed, at least they're having lots of fun!
We headed to Boulder this Saturday for a great afternoon of walking around town on a beautiful, sunny day. Simon and I also picked up our race packets for the Boulder Half Marathon we ran on Sunday and later we headed out for lunch. In the photo you can see Ava's new friend Lizzie the Lizard. Lizzie is the Pre-K classroom pet and every Friday someone in Ava's class gets to take home Lizzie and write about their weekend with Lizzie in her journal. This was the 3rd Friday for one of the kids to take Lizzie home and since Ava did such a great job in school this past week she got to take Lizzie home for the weekend. Ava was very excited and we were very proud of her for doing so well. Lizzie came with us to Boulder, to the Park, out too eat, she slept with Ava, etc... and by Sunday evening I think Ava was finally tired of hauling Lizzie around.

We hit up the park after a fun afternoon in Boulder.
Dylan had a blast going down the slide on his own. He's been going down the slide a lot with one of us holding his hands, but now he just zips right down without hesitation. He loves it! Later that night we ate dinner outside on the deck since it was a great temperature outside and Dylan sadly got stung by a bee. Ouch! It was no fun at all, but he quickly recovered.
Speaking of owies... poor Marley has to wear this horrible plastic E-collar because she has an owie on her leg. We feel awful for her, but I have to say it was the funniest thing when Ava and Dylan first saw Marley with her collar on. They were both laughing hysterically and I think Dylan was even laughing harder then Ava was. Good thing Marley is healing quickly.

3 comments:

Beth Hoden said...

Fun weekend! How did you do in your 1/2 marathon? Just be happy that Lizzie the Lizard is a stuffed animal and not the real thing. I think once she hits elementary school those things become real!

Kel said...

Poor Marley...having everyone laugh at you when you already look crazy with the cone on your head. :) Looks like the kids had fun at the park. Dylan...you are a crazy man going down that slide all by yourself!

Julie said...

How was the 1/2 marathon Kel? I hope you did awesome! Does Marley run into things with her cone?? Our dogs usually do and it is pretty funny!! I love that the kids play together...can't wait for that!

background