This past weekend Simon had yet another race to time on Saturday morning and I helped him as well and then ran the race again coming in 2nd for the women. Then later that night Simon and I both ran the Skirt Chaser race together while Sharona baby sat. Thanks mom for baby sitting so that Simon and I could enjoy a date night out of running a night race, beer garden and going out to eat. I placed third overall! All these races Simon's having me run in while he's working hard, are really paying off!! Simon ran an awesome race at the Skirt Chaser as well running faster then he did at last years Skirt Chaser, running a 17:46, but not enough to catch his wife who ran an 18:08 (the point of the race is for the men to catch the women in their running skirts and the women have a 3 minute head start). A women won this year, with a male catching me in the last quarter of a mile and I came in 3rd place out of 927 runners. Then on Sunday we finally enjoyed getting some time to get chores done, errands ran, packing done for Lake Powell, and then Simon took Ava to the theater to see Ice Age 3. She really enjoyed going to the movie theater with her "Dada" and eating popcorn.
Having Fun
Although the last two weekends have been filled with race timing and/or running races, we've managed to find some down time to relax and have fun too! Two weekends ago Simon had a race to time that I did my best to help him with in getting set-up/time, but I also then ran in the race and won for the women so that was fun. After the race the kids played at the park by the race until it got unbearably hot. Then on Sunday we headed to the pool for some cooling off time which was really a nice treat for all of us to go to the pool together.
This past weekend Simon had yet another race to time on Saturday morning and I helped him as well and then ran the race again coming in 2nd for the women. Then later that night Simon and I both ran the Skirt Chaser race together while Sharona baby sat. Thanks mom for baby sitting so that Simon and I could enjoy a date night out of running a night race, beer garden and going out to eat. I placed third overall! All these races Simon's having me run in while he's working hard, are really paying off!! Simon ran an awesome race at the Skirt Chaser as well running faster then he did at last years Skirt Chaser, running a 17:46, but not enough to catch his wife who ran an 18:08 (the point of the race is for the men to catch the women in their running skirts and the women have a 3 minute head start). A women won this year, with a male catching me in the last quarter of a mile and I came in 3rd place out of 927 runners. Then on Sunday we finally enjoyed getting some time to get chores done, errands ran, packing done for Lake Powell, and then Simon took Ava to the theater to see Ice Age 3. She really enjoyed going to the movie theater with her "Dada" and eating popcorn.
Enjoying hanging out at the pool!
Ava and Simon going down the big slide.
Ava and dad getting ready to head out to the movie theater.
This past weekend Simon had yet another race to time on Saturday morning and I helped him as well and then ran the race again coming in 2nd for the women. Then later that night Simon and I both ran the Skirt Chaser race together while Sharona baby sat. Thanks mom for baby sitting so that Simon and I could enjoy a date night out of running a night race, beer garden and going out to eat. I placed third overall! All these races Simon's having me run in while he's working hard, are really paying off!! Simon ran an awesome race at the Skirt Chaser as well running faster then he did at last years Skirt Chaser, running a 17:46, but not enough to catch his wife who ran an 18:08 (the point of the race is for the men to catch the women in their running skirts and the women have a 3 minute head start). A women won this year, with a male catching me in the last quarter of a mile and I came in 3rd place out of 927 runners. Then on Sunday we finally enjoyed getting some time to get chores done, errands ran, packing done for Lake Powell, and then Simon took Ava to the theater to see Ice Age 3. She really enjoyed going to the movie theater with her "Dada" and eating popcorn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Kelly,
I got to your blog through Julie's. Your kids are adorable! I'm very impressed with your running as well. You are an inspiration! I'm due with our first in 3 weeks, so hopefully next year at this time I can run fast too!
Only you and Simon could have a date night that involves a race:) Great job on all of these races Kelly. I think you should quit your job and join the circuit! (er...is there a circuit?...I have no idea what I'm talking about:) Love the pic of Simon and Ava coming down the slide. Her face is priceless!
I'm with Beth on the pic of Simon and Ava on the slide...that is one for the graduation picture board when she's 18!
Love the pics Kelly of the kids swimming!!! Hard to believe winter will be here soon! Great job on your fast race!!
Post a Comment