The
Escorcia's have been really really busy, but we're having fun! Here are the updates:
Simon: Shortly after Ava and I came home from Iowa, Simon flew to Portland, Oregon on his annual guys trip and had a great time running trails, climbing Mt. Hood and getting some laughs out of some funny "track" restaurants in Eugene, OR. He came home for a few days, trained me on his race timing equipment and then flew out of town again to be the Best man in Barry's wedding at a beautiful golf resort in
Brainerd, MN. We were all very excited to see Simon when he flew back home as it felt like we had all been apart for way too long. However, while Simon was in
Brainerd relaxing on the beach (see photo above)...
...his wife was filling in for him and timing a 5k race in Avon. Kelly: Yep, I finally got the chance to time my first race. It went pretty well with one small glitch. I had a lot of fun working the race too. Good thing it was a small race (about 130 runners) and I was also lucky to have my Dad's help on race morning and my mom's help in watching Ava and Dylan. Over the weekend in the mountains, I also got a chance to visit with my good friend Jen (see below) the morning before we headed back to Denver. This past week I also received some very exciting news that I was promoted to an Associate at my firm so I was extremely excited to have done well in my interview. Although I will be even more busy than I am now, I'm excited for a new challenge. Speaking of new challenges, this morning, I finally broke 19 mins in a 5k race, running an 18:59 and placing 2nd overall, out of 1000+ female runners! What a great couple of weeks it's been.
Ava: Although Ava really missed Simon while we were in Iowa and then while Simon was on two back-to-back trips, she sure has been having fun! While spending time in the mountains she had a great time...
.JPG)
...going to the Eagle Fair and Rodeo with
Grampy, Sharona, Dylan and me and getting to see and pet many of the auctioneer farm animals...
.JPG)
...riding on a few rides at the fair (I can't believe Ava wasn't afraid of how fast and high she went, she takes after her mother with that one)...
.JPG)
...testing out another one of
Grampy's new toys...
.JPG)
...climbing on rocks in the Eagle river with Sharona and Jen... and of course swinging on her swing at her grandparent's house and now Dylan has his own swing at
Grampy and Sharona's too.
Dylan: Dylan loves to swing as much as his older sister and is getting adventurous about swinging higher. Dylan was sick when we headed to the Eagle Rodeo, but seemed to perk up every time we got close to any of the farm animals.
.JPG)
Here he is up close with a friendly sheep. Poor little Dylan has been sick again and finally had his appointment at Children's Hospital. It looks like Dylan will be getting ear tubes put in on the 19
th of August. I'm bummed that he has to get them, but I'm also looking forward to our little guy not having any more ear infections and fluid in his ears. We'll keep you posted on how his surgery goes.

You might be wondering why am I posting this gross picture? The video below helps tell the story of why Dylan's has bloody heals. Dylan LOVES to kick in the bath and although it's very cute and funny it's also very difficult to actually give Dylan a bath because the kid never stops kicking. Come to find out the other night that he has now warn the skin off both of his heals. Looks like he'll be wearing socks in the tub for awhile.
Last but not least, I just had to share these cute pictures of Ava and Dylan. They're such good buds and they sure love to play with each other...
This one is my favorite.
4 comments:
Too cute! I love this post. Lots of great pics of your kiddos, Kel. Hopefully you and Simon can "relax" (I know you don't really know how to do that, but try) a bit with them in the coming weeks. Congrats on the race and the promotion! :)
Holy Cow..you guys have been busy! That is amazing that you ran that race as fast as you did. I'm not sure I could run 1.5 miles that fast! Also, Congrats on the promotion.
When Max saw the picture of Dylan's foot, he said..Oh no, baby got owey! It was pretty cute. Then he wanted to know his name, etc. Great pictures of the two of them. Have a good week!
Beth
2nd out of 1000, that's just awesome! Congrats!
I get tired from just reading all of your events! Sounds like fun and I am so proud of your time in that race! AWESOME! And proud of your new promotion!! I love the brother and sister pics....very cute!
Post a Comment