Bowling, Easter Eggs and Museum

I can't seem to say no when it comes to joining committees at work and at the kids daycare. One of the many committees I am on is the celebrations committee at work. I help recognize everyone's birthday's, plan the summer picnic and this year I was in charge of planning a Spring fun night out. This Friday I planned a bowling and BBQ night out at Moe's Original BBQ and Bowling. I thought it was lots of fun, with excellent food and there was a pretty good turn out of about 25-30 adults plus kids. Simon and Ava had a great time bowling together in a bumper bowling lane with Jake and his dad and it was also the first time Ava has been bowling - she said she had fun. Dylan was very talkative that night and everyone enjoyed seeing how social and smiley he is. I forgot my camera but above is a picture of where we bowled.
On Saturday Denver was expected to get 6-12 inches of snow and we only ended up receiving a dusting of snow, but the wind was unbearable and it was very cold outside. It just gave us an excuse to stay inside and finally dye Easter Eggs. This year Ava made Tie Dyed Easter Eggs and I think they turned out beautiful. Thanks Grandma Sharona for the fun Tie Dye kit.

On Sunday it was still very windy outside and it ended up snowing later on that morning, but the kids were getting antsy to do something active so we headed to the very interactive Children's Museum (Dylan was still in his pj's but he looked to cozy to change since it was cold out). We have a family membership at the Museum and love to go there when the weather is bad so the kids can still play and learn at the same time. They have a floor just for the babies and little guys so we started there first for Dylan, then headed to story hour and later ventured upstairs to paint, go grocery shopping in the kids grocery store, climbed in a huge hollow tree with giant stuffed ants and bugs, played basket ball and trains, and then ended with Ava's favorite - the big huge fire truck. The sun peeked out long enough for us to eat our packed lunch outside and then we headed home for nap time. Simon had just gotten home from running a fast 1/2 marathon race (especially for not really training) and we were all excited to see him and I was excited to hear about his race. I felt bad that we weren't able to cheer him on, but I didn't think Ava and Dylan would do well spectating in the wind and cold.

1 comment:

Kel said...

Sounds like you all had a fun weekend. You made the children's museum sound so fun that I want to go and play around in all of the fun areas! Looks like you had some messy fun decorating Easter eggs too. :)

background