Diaper rash... any suggestions?
So far Dylan has been doing great with all the new foods we've been slowly introducing to him and he's had no issues with bananas, sweet potatoes, and pears, but once we started him on carrots we've noticed some major bm's that are causing some diaper rash. I'm not concerned that he has a food allergy, but rather, I think the acidity (or something) from the carrots is just irritating his skin. Thus, he has developed a major diaper rash and every time he has a bm it just gets worse. I called the on-call nurse on Tuesday and she gave me a suggestion that hasn't helped (although it's only been a day and a half). I'd rather not have to haul him into the pediatrician on Friday for a diaper rash, so does anyone have any suggestions? We let him roll around on a towel without a diaper to air out and we use tons of diaper cream with every changing and we change him often, but his poor little bum is still red. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I think that the only way to solve this problem is to switch him to cloth diapers...I'll send you some! Just kidding!
How about switching to another brand of diaper rash cream? If you are not already using one of these, I'd try California Baby or Burt's Bee cream because they are all natural products. I hope that little bum feels better soon, Dylan!
My suggestion would be to let him bathe as long as he possibly wants. Max has had some doozies of diaper rash too and the baths have helped immensely. Our ped. told us aveeno diaper rash cream. It worked for us, but I think it was the bath more than the cream. I hate diaper rash more than anything...not much you can do about it and they're in such pain! sorry you have to deal with that.
We do baking soda baths and use aquafor. I LOVE it. Carson once got a really bad diaper rash and that seemed to really help.
Katie :)
Kel,
You probably have solved this but a baking soda paste can help. Sometimes you need an Rx from the Dr. to actually clear it up. But the baking soda works if you do it all the time and keep him as dry as you can. Love you all. Aunt Jo
Post a Comment