Green Bay Marathon

Early morning on Friday, May 16th, Simon and I departed to Wisconsin to run the Green Bay Marathon but, before we headed out we had a busy week of the kids last week of...
 ...Spring track.
So proud of Dylan for being such a big kid joining all the older kids out running for his first season of track. And between Monday and Wednesday track practice...
...Ava then had her Girl Scout bridging ceremony as the girls graduated onto junior scouts. It was a beautiful night for our outdoor ceremony.

By the end of the week Simon and I were ready to fly out to Green Bay where we arrived at the Hyatt in downtown Green Bay. It may not be the most exciting city to visit :) but, we were very excited to get away for the weekend and to run a great marathon.

First on the list after settling into the hotel was going out to a fancy dinner and splurging on yummy desserts.
We unfortunately woke to a flat tire on our rental car, which created both some laughter and a little adventure to get fixed at a local repair shop with a lot of character. Then it was time for...
...a little pre-race shake out. We again got a little chuckle on our run with the great industrial views in the back ground. The views may not have been as beautiful as many of the other marathons we've run but, Green Bay still put on a fantastic and well organized race.
Time for our packet pickup at the gorgeous Lambeau field where the Packers play.
Time to get race ready and enjoy some...
...pre-race carbs.
The marathon went really well for Simon and even though he didn't run a PR he still ran one of his best races ever and felt the strongest and healthiest out of all his marathons and overall he ran a very smart race. So happy for your accomplishment, Simon. I wish I could say the same for my race but, overall for me, I was just glad to finish. I had a very short 12 weeks to get ready and again battle leg pain.Time for me to hit the gym hard and get my body in much stronger shape as I'm still struggling with a bad hamstring. I still enjoyed the race very much and at least had a strong first half before the pain rolled in.
Post race bloody marys before our plane ride home after a much needed weekend away. Clearly it was an eat, drink and run kind-of a weekend for us. 

No comments:

background