After our fun vacation to Santa Fe and after Ava having started back to school, Dylan was left with one more week of...
...summer swim lessons in the morning and free swim in the afternoon at Willows.
Dylan had such a great summer and loved getting to swim twice a day but, shortly after his swim season was finally over...
... and therefore, with no more worries of a sunburned head from swimming outside every day, we were all excited for Dylan to get a "fast" hair cut like his dad. Dylan is happy to now be one step closer to running as fast as dad with his new short hairdo!
Wednesday August, 21st Simon and I headed out to Red Rocks for a...
...night out to see Fun! It was a great concert and they put on a spectacular show.
Simon and the kids are loving their evening Star Wars battles.
They even just bought mom a light saber so I can start joining in on the Star Wars adventures.
On Saturday August 24th, I hit up my second concert in less than a week with my girlfriends to see...
Dave Mathews which of course was another great show. I'm lucky enough if I get see one concert a year so I'm pretty excited that I've already been to 3 in 2013.
To kick off the Labor Day weekend Ava and I visited my friend Kristin in the hospital to see her new baby girl Anna. Such a cutie.
Later that evening the family headed out to the theater to see "Planes" which was such a cute movie. On our way out of the theater Simon briefly mentioned that he thought our car was probably just over this wall and of course Ava, being the huge climber that she is, quickly scaled this massive wall in flip flops no the less, before I even had time to take my camera out of my purse. We were all so impressed but, not too surprised because this girl loves to climb.
Up next we were so thrilled to have a great visit from Simon's uncle Donnie, Aunt Jane, cousin Ryan and girlfriend Christina, and unfortunately cousin Zach was out hunting for the weekend but, we were so glad his wife Callie was able to come for dinner too (she was on-call and had to leave before I remembered to take a family picture). And of course we can't forget about their newest and cutest members of the family, Arie and Gabby. Dylan was pretty much entertained with the puppies all evening long and...
... Ava quickly fell in love with Gabby. Such a sweet puppy.
Soon after dinner they were off..
... to a little family-friendly light saber battle. It's always so great to see family when they're in town. Thanks for coming to see us Blakeman family.
Monday we finished up a great Labor Day weekend with the kids on their bikes and mom and dad running on the High Line Canal. I love when we can all get out as a family.
Tuesday morning Dylan was so thrilled to start Pre-K or "green room" as it's called at Willows Olde Mill.
Looking forward to another great school year for both my awesome kiddos.
Last but, not least we're back into the Fall soccer season. My mom was so great to came down for the day to watch Ava's 1st game of the season so that made Ava excited and Sharon even got to see Ava score a great goal too!
Ava played hard in the first half of what was a really, really hot game and by the second half of the game you could tell the heat was getting to her a little. Ava finished strong with a couple more great plays as the right defender and then by the end of the game all the girls were worn down from the heat but, hung in for a 3 to 1 win. Great job Cats!







2 comments:
Great post! I'm going to have to buy some of those light sabers:)
Lots going on! The pic of the kids on their bikes is awesome! Looks like you are having so much fun all together!
Post a Comment