I've been slacking on the blog, but we haven't been slacking on fun. Here is what we've been up to both before and after Cabo and through the first half of February.

Ava's been loving basketball this year and it really shows.

She's playing so well, making lots of baskets during the games...

... and she's definitely got her defense skills down. Best of all Ava smiles throughout the whole game and is really having such a fun time. While Ava plays her games...

...Dylan is busy playing all his truck games too, and...

...every once in awhile he remembers to look up to cheer for "sister."

We can't forget about all the snow we've been having. We've had tons of snow this winter...

...I really mean, tons of snow. It just keeps coming.

Ahhh! So much snow!

And we made sure to celebrate Sharona's birthday in January...

...and we can't forget about going skiing for the first time this year too!

The gondola was a big hit for Dylan and he really did a great job skiing, while...

...Dad tried to keep up with his speedy daughter on skies...

...and I too loved getting to chase Ava down the slopes after practicing skiing with my worn out Dylan.
Did I mention we've had a lot of snow this winter?

All the snow has made for some fun get-togethers with friends for lots of sledding and we made sure to get the dogs together for some play time too.

Dylan's signature sledding move with his head down like a "rocket ship" as he calls it. Marley kept a close eye on the kids and if they fell off she was right there to lick their faces.

Ava and one of her best buddies Ella, getting ready to hit the jump that one of the dad's had made. Can you see them screaming before they even hit the jump.

Big sledding smiles.

Ava, Ava L., and Kate making a distance record on the fast, but rough-ridding slide.

A snow day home from school means the girls start getting creative...

...and silly. They thought piling toilet paper on the fan was hilarious and claimed they were working on their science fair project. :)

Yep... and we're still getting more snow...

...and more snow. :)

But, we're all having fun in our wonderful winter wonderland.



Simon is sure happy he bought a snow blower this year and of course he and the kids have come up with a new fun game...

...which Simon clearly thinks is super funny... and so do the kids.

While Simon, my dad and Dylan watched the super bowl game together, the girls headed out to watch the Cirque du soleil. My mom, Ava and I all thought it was an amazing show and we loved a little girls night of Cirque du soleil while the boys enjoyed their football.

Ladies night out at Canvas and Cocktails! What a great way to spend an evening painting, drinking wine and chatting with my girls.

Yep and lots more basketball. Every Saturday Ava has a bball game...

...and Simon's really enjoying being the assistant coach this year and getting to have quality time with Ava while they go out for dinner just the two of them every Wednesday night after practice. So cute.

I love my two cute Valentines. After this weekend's basketball game, the kids got busy working on their Valentines cards. Simon and I thought it was pretty cute when Dylan asked "Mom, how do you spell EJ?" Oh, buddy we've got lots of work to do on spelling when mommy becomes a stay-at-home mom in March.
3 comments:
WOW! That is a lot of snow, especially considering we have NONE! Looks like lots of fun. I think that the kids will have fun when you're a stay at home mom, Kel, but you better not work on spelling the whole time!
Kelly!! I didn't know you were going to stay home! How exciting for you..I'm so happy for you! I loved that post...don't tell Chris, but I'm jealous of all of your snow! never thought I'd be saying that:) Love all the BB Ava is playing too..she's becoming quite the athlete! Now we need her to play some more tennis!
Okay...
1. I'm jealous of your snow...we haven't had the snow blower out once! We are waiting for the "big one" still!
2. I really wish I could go to Canvas and Cocktails someday! Never heard of that before!
3. You are staying home?! What?! I need details...so happy for you. :)
Post a Comment