A way over due post, but work has been crazy.
Our vacation to Cabo San Lucas was amazing, so... get ready for way too many pictures. :)
Our vacation to Cabo San Lucas was amazing, so... get ready for way too many pictures. :)
...our hotel was gorgeous.

Ava and Dylan couldn't get enough of watching the waves and...

...playing in the water.
Long walks on the beach.
A colorful, early morning sunrise, but...
...we only caught it once on the first morning we woke up because the kids easily slept in all the other mornings after being tired each day from many hours of swimming.
Ava loved that she could drink her kid strawberry daiquiris in the pool and could order them as often as she wanted.
Relaxing in the sun.

Waiting for the waves.
Ava loved sitting in the ocean waves while...
...Dylan loved not only watching the waves, but listening to the sounds of the ocean.
Dylan was also extremely excited about riding horses on the beach and...
...Ava easily went along for the fun ride.
All dressed up for delicious and fancy dinners each night, well... maybe not real dressed up, but at least we were showered and we changed out of our daily swim-wear clothes.
Thanks Ava for taking Mom and Dad's picture.
Dylan and Ava had a blast getting to dance on stage each night during the kids entertainment hour.
Dylan laughed a lot and had tons of fun, but really had no idea what he was doing on stage and basically just tried to follow his sister's lead.
The red flag was flying which meant we weren't allowed to actually swim in the ocean (not really sure why), but...
...we did our best to get as much play-time in the ocean without really "swimming."
Searching for the washed up jellyfish and sea shells.
Yes...
...pancakes whenever Dylan wanted them (seriously, once Dylan realized all inclusive meant he could eat pancakes whenever he wanted, he pretty much ate pancakes whenever he wanted).
Couldn't get much better than this. I was in heaven one day when Dylan fell asleep in my arms after a full day of swimming. It's not very often this little guy sits still very long (or at all) so I was happy to relax for an hour while Dylan slept, and I sipped my pina colada and talked to Ava while she continued to play.
Awesome pictures of the infinity pool.
After the first day on vacation we realized how much the kids were going to pretty much be swimming all day long and although Simon and I truly enjoyed swimming and having water fights and jumping in the pool with the kids, we also enjoyed sitting in the sun too. So, on day two I caved-in to buying the kids floaties (not a huge fan at home because I want them to learn to be good swimmers) so they could still play as much as they wanted to while Simon and I were then able to sit sometimes and watch on the side. They're both great swimmers, but the floaties helped them from not getting tired so quickly and Dylan could then join Ava in the deeper end of the pool (and of course it kept me from worrying too).



Along with pancakes and fruity drinks, Dylan and Ava also realized ice cream was always at their fingertips.
Dylan's cool new shark tooth necklace.
Digging in the sand every day was a must and...
...of course you can't go to the beach without getting buried in the sand.
Crystal clear water.
Simon finally decided to ignore the red flag and dive in.
Yep, if you look close you'll see Dylan has a yet another pancake in his hand.
Can't get enough pictures of my kids playing in sun, sand and waves.

Thanks for another great picture of us, Ava.
The ship took us around lovers beach where we saw the beautiful arches and fun seals. The pirate ship also had some really fun entertainment, drinks, snacks and a cool pirate battle with sword fighting and all.
And the best part was getting to see the magnificant...
...humpback whales. Simon and I heard it was mating season so we were hoping there was a chance we would get to see whales while on the pirate ship, but we didn't tell the kids just in case we didn't see any, but... we saw so many whales! They were so close to our boat and some times two would come up to that surface at a time. The best part was that our pirate ship was not very crowed like most of the whale watching boats were, so we were lucky enough to got to stand right in the bow of the boat to see all the action up close.

What a fun adventurous way to end our last night in Mexico. We had such a wonderful, family vacation. Ava and Dylan have had lots of fun memories that they still talk about and we all joke about. After already being home about three weeks now, the kids still ask when we're going back and if we can move their, which tells me they truly had such a great time.
Relaxing in the sun and warm water was not going to be a problem.
If you look close down below you'll see the kids playing with their mini-club teacher. During the day Simon and I were able to drop the kids off at mini-club for an hour or so which they loved because they built sand castles, played games and swam with other kids while Simon and I enjoyed getting to go running together, having lunch together and sitting pool side to read. It was funny however, because when Ava saw this picture she said "hey, were you guys spying on us?"
...loving the ocean and...
Check out this cool pirate ship we saw each day and decided we must go for a ride and see what it had to offer.


5 comments:
That looks amazing! What a fun trip you guys had! I love Dylan's love for pancakes, too....super cute!
OMG I'm so jealous!! So looking forward to the days when we can do a fun family vacation! I love that picture of Ava at the infinity pool...definitely one for a frame! Also those whale shots were awesome! Great post Kelly!
So awesome!! Glad you guys got in on some sunshine, looks amazing. Love all the photos!
I love the pancakes in Dylan's hands! That resort looks awesome...I've always wondered if all-inclusive resorts had some sweet kid things, and it appears they do! Glad you had a good time....I wish I could move there like Ava!
Yay for family vacations! I am loving that blue water and perfectly groomed hotel! Looks like you all had an amazing time. :)
Post a Comment