Yeah For Some Family Ski Time Over The Long Weekend

Dylan and his buddy William took their dad's to Monster Truck and had a blast. Dylan talked in his deep Monster Truck voice for about a week after. (P.S. After this picture Dylan soon got a hair cut. :) A bad had cut grown out is even more obvious.)
Before heading up to the mountains over the long President's Day weekend we first went to cheer Ava on in her basketball game.
"Nice basket Ava!"
"Thanks Ella"
When in the mountains the kids of course loved when Grampy pushed them high on their swings.
"Look how high up we are!"
Addy just loves Dylan and Ava so much when we come up to visit and she's always right there, wherever the kids are, ready to play.
Dylan was ready to work hard for two days of skiing and he did such a great job. By day two (which is only his third time skiing) things really clicked for Dylan and he could ski from top to bottom of the bunny hill. Good job buddy. See videos below.
On Sunday and Monday morning I practiced skiing with Dylan on the bunny hill and later Ava, Simon and Grampy would came over to see the progress Dylan was making.
Then after lunch and one more run, Dylan headed home thanks to Sharona's shuttle service (thanks mom) and then I was able to join up with Simon, Ava and Grampy for some fast turns.Ava's doing so well with her parallel turns and best of all she just smiles and laughs all day long. No complaints from this big girl. See video below, however, the battery ran out so it's not very long.I love that my kids are enjoying skiing so much and now we can all have ski days together. By next year Dylan will be zipping down the big hill too.

Dylan making turns.

Dylan going fast.

Ava making great turns, but mom's messed up and didn't fully charge the battery before our ski day so the video got cut off. Quick tip when watching: Ava's the little one making the quick turns at the top.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I wish I could ski as well as Dylan! Awesome! I'm very impressed with the children and their skills!

Kel said...

Ditto, Jules! I know I cannot ski that well! So fun that you all had such a nice time doing something fun outdoors!

background