On Monday the 20th Omi arrived at our house which we were all very excited about. We love when Omi comes to visit us, but this was even more special because she was able to stay for 8 days.
I love this picture of Dylan with Omi because it's as if Dylan's eyes are saying look who I have already tricked into reading me my same favorite stories over and over again.
We spent lots of time catching up with Omi and hanging outside in the sun. We went to the park a couple times and spent lots of time watching the kids play with their riding toys in the driveway, but the sprinklers we a must one day to cool off from the summer heat.

Gotta love family time. Ava, Simon and Omi were able to go out for lunch a couple times and also headed to the Children's Museum one day.

Ava taught Omi how to play a fun card game called "Trash." It was cute to watch them play a couple hands each day and Ava always made sure to keep track of their scores on paper for the next day.

Dylan loved his new Chuggington book from Omi which has now made it's way into his stack of favorites.

This summer Dylan and Ava swim twice a day at their new daycare (Ava only goes three days a week) and on Friday it happened to be one of the days parents could come by to watch their kids so Omi and I headed over to watch Ava and Dylan swim.

Dylan gave Omi and I some fun laughs during his lesson (see video below) and it was great to hear his teachers tell me how funny of kid he is. Omi and I were most impressed, however, with how well Dylan listened and followed directions. Funny how you take mom out of the equation and suddenly kids follow instructions so well.

I felt so horrible because unfortunately, Omi and I missed most of Ava's lesson because I was on a call for work. We did however arrive just in time to see Ava swim freestyle from one end to the other and also dive into the deep end. There are three more opportunities for parents to watch lessons during the summer so I'll be sure to catch all of Ava's lesson next time.

Over the weekend Ava had three birthday parties to go to, but we were only able to make two of the three. The first party was at an xtreme challenge arena which Ava thoroughly enjoyed because she loves the adventures stuff more than the sport of something. Here she is flying like an airplane (see video below).

At one point we all looked up and saw that Ava managed to climb the rope wall, stretch herself over to the swinging ladder and eventually swing and climb fearlessly into this hanging tube that was high off the ground. Some of the parents were amazed by her fearlessness, but that's just Ava. She loves to climb.

What Ava enjoyed more than the adventures games was getting to see one of her best buddies, Alex, that she hasn't seen in awhile.
We headed home to have lunch with Omi and Dylan followed by a little quite time. Next we were onto another party where Ava was able to cool off from the heat with some fun water games and relays with some of her best girlfriends from school.
While Ava and I were gone Dylan and Omi had fun taking care of Marley, playing outside...

...blowing bubbles and spending one-on-one time together.
Sunday morning we took Omi for a drive up the mountains to ride the train in Georgetown. We road the train a few weekends ago, but we enjoyed it so much that we thought it would be something fun for Omi to see while she was out visiting CO.

Dylan had an ok time, because he still had a hard time with how loud the steam engine was.

But Ava, Omi and I really enjoyed the train ride while...

...Dylan almost fell asleep and the rest of us...

...took in all the beautiful views...

...watched the roaring river...

...and enjoyed spending time with Omi.
We love you Omi!
2 comments:
Looks so fun...and I'm impressed with Ava's fearlessness also! Woo! Glad you had some quality time with Omi.
Now those are some beautiful shots! I love that train ride. Someday we're going to come out and go with you guys. Looks like your time with Omi was well spent!
Post a Comment