Thursday we celebrated mom's 31st birthday with presents, cards that Dylan and I made, and mom's favorite cheesecake for dessert. Dylan and I also enjoyed singing happy birthday to mom several times.
Then Friday at noon we head west to our grandparent's peach orchard in Palisade. My dad had a race to time in Grand Junction (close to the orchard) on Saturday so Dylan, my mom and I thought it'd be fun to join dad at the race while also having a weekend away at the orchard.
Grampy let us drive his big Ford tractor...
...and his four wheeler around the orchard.
We all just kept driving...
... and riding...
...and driving...
...and riding...

On Saturday we woke up early and headed to Dad's race. Mom ran in the race, while dad timed the race...
...and Grampy, Sharona, Dylan and I cheered mom on, played at the playground, and took a walk down by the river. The weather was perfect!
After Dylan's nap and my little tiny rest, we took a scenic drive to Colorado National Monument for some more great views.
We attempted to take a few little hicks, but Dylan was scaring everyone because he kept getting way too close to the edge of the cliffs. Dylan eventually just got grumpy because he was just trying to be a big boy like everyone else, but nobody would let him. We all just kept holding his hand, carrying him when he was too close to the edge, or putting a leash around his waist. We all enjoyed the views, but eventually gave in to Dylan and went out of Mexican food and margaritas.
Then it was back home for some more exploring of the orchard...
... of course some more tractor riding...
...a little baseball...
...and a super fun water fight.
Sunday mom visited her Grandma at the nursing home and then we headed back to Denver for a Shrimp Boil with friends. Yum!
Mom and I loved holding all the babies (there were four!!). Look at what a beautiful baby Sloane is...
Then Friday at noon we head west to our grandparent's peach orchard in Palisade. My dad had a race to time in Grand Junction (close to the orchard) on Saturday so Dylan, my mom and I thought it'd be fun to join dad at the race while also having a weekend away at the orchard.
...and also celebrating mom's birthday again with some more yummy cake.
On Saturday we woke up early and headed to Dad's race. Mom ran in the race, while dad timed the race...
...and Grampy, Sharona, Dylan and I cheered mom on, played at the playground, and took a walk down by the river. The weather was perfect!Sunday mom visited her Grandma at the nursing home and then we headed back to Denver for a Shrimp Boil with friends. Yum!


1 comment:
Wow! Now that's a busy weekend! I think the orchard looks glorious! Happy Birthday, Kel!
Post a Comment