Simon was away this weekend in CA to run the LA Marathon. Through the downpour of rain and wind Simon ran an amazing race. He ran 26.2 miles in 2 hours and 43 minutes! Seriously such a fantastic job Simon.
While Simon was away the kids and I kicked off the weekend heading to the mall on Friday night. Right away I was missing Simon while trying to make it through the mall with two kids wanting to go two different directions and getting tired quickly as I was pushing it close to their bed times.

Normally, I wouldn't attempt the mall on a Friday night without Simon's help but, I managed to push through as I knew Ava was counting on me. Ava was a little upset Thursday morning for school when she didn't have enough dresses to wear and she was right because all her dresses were either too small or the wrong season. In order to get her out the door on time that morning I had promised her we'd head to the mall Friday night to buy a couple of dresses. Plus, Dylan really needed a new spring/summer jacket, some shorts and shoes too.

Saturday morning I helped the kids make their favorite oatmeal pancakes and then it was time to head to the park for some fun in the warm 70+ degree weather.
We had a great weekend but, we're very excited for Simon to get home later tonight.
3 comments:
Holy Cow Simon! What an awesome race. I don't even want to do the math to see what that was per mile! Super fast for sure.
Kel--can I get your oatmeal pancake recipe?
Thanks!
Holy cow that is a great climbing tree!! Congrats, Simon...that is an amazing time! I'm with Beth on the getting the oatmeal pancake recipe??? And, can you pass that weather along to the northeast...as quickly as possible please.
Wow Ava--that is one high tree! Great job! And wow to Simon too....that is FAST! Glad you had fun with the kids, Kel! And I'm sure you slept well after taking them both to the mall....outings like that are never easy!
Post a Comment