The month of March is a travel month for the Escorcia Family.
We kicked off the first weekend of March by heading up to the mountains for one last weekend of skiing. Simon and I also timed a snow shoe race while the kids had fun playing with Grampy and Sharona.

Simon, Ava and I had a great day of skiing and Ava had the most fun. All she ever asked was "Mom, now can I go straight?" Which meant she just wanted to tuck to go fast and straight down the hill.
While in the mountains, we also celebrated Simon's birthday a week early.

We tried to get a good family picture for Simon's birthday celebration but, this was the best we could do. Can you see us all leaning? Funny. Plus Simon's nose is all red from being sick, my hair desperately needs cut and looks awful, and both the kids faces have a few bumps, scratches and red marks on them. At least we're all smiling and enjoying the fun celebration.

Hurry Ava, with ALL those candles before the ice cream cake melts.

Looks like Simon needed a little help from the kids to blow out all 33 candles.
After a great weekend in the mountains we came home for Simon to get ready to leave for another mountain town. Simon left Tuesday and was gone through Thursday night while he traveled to Crested Butte to time a few Nordic races. Then Friday at 4 in the morning Ava and I headed to the airport on Simon's birthday to visit my sister, her new baby, and family.
Ava and I felt bad about leaving on Simon's birthday but, it was the only weekend we could go to Iowa to see the baby so the kids and I decorated the house for Simon. When he came home Thursday night he was very surprised.

Yay! Ava and I made it to Iowa to visit Fin, Riley, Shane and Sean. We had a great visit and we loved getting to spend time with all of them, play with Riley, hold Fin and visit with Shane and Sean.

Ava especially enjoyed getting to hold her new cousin.

The three cousins without Dylan. :( We were sad that Dylan wasn't with us to see and play with his cousin's. I wanted to have my hands free to help Shane and play with Riley and Finian and I knew Ava would be a big help for Shane and me as well.

So cute.
One day during our visit we headed to a pizza place with fun arcade games for the kids. Ava and Riley had a blast and burned off some energy playing with all the games. They both enjoyed the race cars the best.

Go speed racer. I think Riley road this car 4 times in a row.

Ava always had the pedal to the metal which meant her car was crashing into the side rails, bushes, and trees.

Finian was a trooper and just slept and ate. He didn't seem bothered by all the noise and craziness. By the end of the night all the kids (and moms) were tired and ready for bed.
It was a quick three day trip but, Ava and I enjoyed every minute of our time with my sister and her family. Here's Ava waiting to board our tiny little plane to head back to Denver.
We were home Sunday night and very glad to see dad before he leaves again. Our next travels for the rest of March include Simon flying to California at the end of this week to run the LA Marathon, then Ava and Simon are driving back to Iowa to see Omi for spring break and then I leave at the end of March for Boston and Cape Cod for a girls weekend. What a busy travel month.
3 comments:
No kidding! That's a packed month! I am sure it will be fun seeing everyone. Too bad Ava and Laine won't be together anytime soon. They could be twins with their gray/white/pink flowered shirts!
Happy Birthday to Simon! Looks like some fun traveling.....love the girl's weekend trip! Enjoy it all!
So glad you made it to Iowa to see Fin! Love that name. Next time you're in DAvenport, give me a call. We're only an hour from there so I could meet you for a coffee!
Thanks for the birthday wishes. It made me remember our trip to LaCrosse to celebrate Simon and my birthdays when we were in college:)
Post a Comment