The Friday before Memorial Day weekend, Ava had her Pre-K continuation ceremony and party. It was a bitter-sweet day for us to see our big girl graduate Pre-k (and daycare) and leave the only daycare and many friends that Ava has known since she was 6 months old.
SAN DIEGO, CA
Simon headed out to San Diego earlier on Saturday to run the San Diego marathon on Sunday morning. He ran the marathon in an impressive and very fast, 2 hours and 46 minutes, placing 30th out of 10,000 runners. Awesome job Simon!
Leaving Denver for CA, for me, wouldn't have been possible without my mom's help from Saturday packing to Sunday getting through the airport security because I had to work, pack for myself and the kids, time a race for Simon on Sunday, and of course, I was sick and lost my voice. THANK YOU, Mom for your help and thanks mom and dad for watching Marley while we were gone.
Yay! The kids were so excited to wake up to palm trees in California. We had a wonderful, relaxing and very fun vacation! It was perfect and our vacation was well earned for myself and Simon and much awaited for the kids with lots of exciting and new experiences. Our vacation was spent enjoying lots of beach time... .JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
... eating out at many entertaining and yummy restaurants and best of all not having to do the dishes...
... of course, visiting Sea World where the kids watched the swimming and jumping dolphins, waddling penguins, encountered sharks, listened to barking seals...
...and enjoyed an entertaining Shamu show even without the trainers getting to swim and dive in the water with the Killer whales which was a bummer, but understandable and our kids didn't know any different...
...after a busy, full and long day at Sea World it was time for a long nap for the kids... .JPG)
... Ava and Dylan thought it was such a special treat getting to play at a park at night right on the beach. With long naps during the day we let the kids stay up later then their usual bed time which allowed us to do fun activities into the evening thus making the most of our vacation...
...hiking in the very beautiful, scenic Torry Pines State park....JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Leaving Denver for CA, for me, wouldn't have been possible without my mom's help from Saturday packing to Sunday getting through the airport security because I had to work, pack for myself and the kids, time a race for Simon on Sunday, and of course, I was sick and lost my voice. THANK YOU, Mom for your help and thanks mom and dad for watching Marley while we were gone.


3 comments:
So glad you guys got away and were able to relax with your busy lives! It looks like a great vacation! And congrats to Simon on his awesome marathon time!
Oooo! The ocean! Looks like so much fun. I love that Simon has on a jacket in the water with the kids in that ocean shot...was it really cold, or was he just being a wuss? I agree with Jules, Simon, way to go on your marathon time! :)
Awesome post! I am so impressed that you went on the plane by yourself and that you guys went on vacation! I know Ava is a little older than Max, but at this point I can't really imagine a vacation with the kids yet:) Love all the pictures in San Diego. That one of you and Dylan is so good...he looks so big!
Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. It also love that we can keep in touch via the internet. When we do finally meet up sometime, it will feel like we know each other's kids even though we've never met! Hope life gets back to normal, but very glad you got some rest and relaxation. you deserve it!
also..congrats to Simon on an awesome time. I ran my one and only 1/2 marathon in just a little less time than that:) I'm not proud!
Post a Comment