Tired Yet?

The day after we arrived home from San Diego we headed to Estes Park for the weekend because Simon was timing the Estes Park Marathon, Half-marathon, 10K and 5K races. The kids and I went along for another mini-vacation and afterwards Ava said she was done taking vacations :).

This was the most difficult event Simon has timed so far. All his very hard work paid off as the event went really well especially given the crazy rain conditions. I helped Simon as much as I could but, the kids and I also had fun going to the huge indoor pool 3 times and taking walks along the overflowing Big Thompson river.
Many of the restaurants were sand bagging from the overflowing river and of course our love-for-the-water boy, Dylan, wanted so badly to go play in the ragging river.
The kids and I left Sunday from Estes Park while Simon finished timing the race so that we could make it back just in time for Tommy and Paul's 5th birthday bash with fun games, pinata's, and yummy treats. Ava was so excited to see all of her buddies from CCLC and Dylan had no problem diving right in to play with the big kids (I only had to rescue him twice from a dog pile).

After our busy weekend we headed into a week of swim lessons, gymnastics, neighborhood bbq's, and our friends from out of town's, party (oh and of course work). Although, the week was busy, it was the most normal busy week we've had in awhile. Simon and I took a big deep breath feeling like we were finally getting back to our "normal" busy schedule rather then the crazy, hectic life we've had for a few months.

The weekend was spent seeing our friends Kristin and Aaron who were in town visiting, as well as having a nice visit from my Aunt Cindy (thanks Cindy for coming to see us). Then it was time to get ready for Omi to arrive on Sunday. Oh, and somewhere in between, Simon timed two races, I finished painting Ava's room, and we tried to celebrate Father's Day as best we could.
The weekend wouldn't have been an Escorcia weekend without our park time and...
...being goofy.

Yay! Omi made it to Colorado with her friend Aaron on Sunday evening and we were so excited to see her. Simon, Ava and Omi had an extremely hard working and fun packed week of...
...sprucing up the front yard in the blazing heat...
...planting flowers, digging up dead bushes, planting new bushes, moving rocks...
...and planting two new trees. The yard looks awesome! Thanks guys for all your hard work and I'm glad you still found some time to...
...go to the theater to see Toy Story 2 in 3D, head out for lunch downtown, and help Ava practice riding her bike with NO training wheels. Wooo hooo for Ava!
We can't forget about all the fun playing and laughing time we had with our funny man Dylan...

...and simply spending quality time together with Omi...
...going out for dinner and of course playing in the fountain...
...and eating yummy ice cream. Although, I'm not so sure the sassy one on the right, who's not wanting me to take her photo, should have been treated to ice cream. :)

After a wonderful week with Omi, we ended the weekend going to...
...Alex's Bowling party for his 5th Birthday...
...where Ava again was able to play and catch up with all her CCLC buddies while Dylan just ran around trying to hang with the big kids...
...and here we are back near Estes Park just two weeks later on Sunday, in Lyons CO (a town just outside of Estes Park) where I ran in the River Run 5K race. Then we headed out for breakfast at our favorite restaurant in Boulder. Phew... I'm exhausted just from writing this post.

P.S We already miss Omi.

2 comments:

Beth Hoden said...

Holy cow you guys!! Your kids are so flexible it's amazing. Definitely a great quality to have. Glad you're getting to do so many fun things!

Kel said...

WOW! Now that's a post. Sounds like you had fun with all of your visitors. They yard looks great! Where are the house pics? I am excited to see them.

background