On Friday we started off the beautiful weekend going for long walks, taking Ava to Gymnastics and playing outside in the sun.
By Saturday morning Simon and Dylan we're getting sick (yet again), but we managed to head out the door early for a 5k race in Broomfield. After I ran in the race, Ava then ran in the kids race and kept a very steady pace which was great. Simon and I think it's cute how some of the kids get so excited and take off sprinting as fast as they can, only to slow down or even stop 200 meters into the race, while Ava takes off in her normal "race pace" thus, keeping up her same pace and passing kids in the end. This particular kids race was a 1/2 mile long and they ran it in waves so Ava ran in the Kindergarten wave.
After the race we came home and Ava and I packed our suite cases to head to the mountains for our last ski trip for this year's ski season. Simon and Dylan stayed behind as Dylan was still getting over his cold and Simon was just at the start of his cold.
Here are a few pictures and fun things we did before the last day of the ski season.
.JPG)
Weekend sun before heading to the mountains.
.JPG)
Dylan ramming his John Deer tractor into whatever he can find to ram into. He loves his (well really Ava's) old tractor.
.JPG)
Cheeeeeese! Don't be fooled by the kid on the rights big cheeeesy smile... he may not look sick but come night time it's a whole different picture of coughing and a runny nose. So glad he can at least play during the day.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Playing and skipping rocks in the Eagle River at Grampy and Sharona's house.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Ava's weekend wouldn't be complete at Grampy and Sharona's house if she didn't get her swing time in.
.JPG)
Finally... the last day of the ski season. Here's Ava swishing through the trees.
+-+Copy.JPG)
We had to stop to take a picture next to the cool bears in the side of the mountain.
.JPG)
The beautiful, warm spring day made for a fun day with Sharona, Grampy, Ava and I and we loved getting the chance to all go skiing together. Look at the spectacular Gore Range mountains behinds us. After 26 years of skiing, this view still always amazes me and I'm so glad I get to share these experiences with my big girl Ava. On day's like today it's easy for me to mistake Ava for being more like six years old instead of just only being a little over 4.5 years old. She's just growing up fast and maturing even faster.
3 comments:
The pics of the spring skiing are awesome! I love the one where Ava is coming out of the green trees. Looks like a great weekend...except for the sick Dylan and Simon part. Hopefully they are on the mend.
Wow, great pictures. I love the swinging one with the mountains in the background!! :) Awesome fun!
Awesome pics Kel! I like them all but love the one where your P's and Ava are walking along the rocks and the swing pics!
Post a Comment