Sharona, Ava and I went skiing on Saturday and had a fun girls day on the slopes. Ava did great and I only wish we lived closer to the mountains so that she could practice even more. For only going a few times, Ava's really doing well, practicing her turns, and is picking up some speed. At the end of the day Ava said she "loved skiing"... what more could I ask for. :)
After Ava's long nap, from working hard at skiing, we headed out to my old (but new) High School's basketball game. Ava's been wanting to see a basketball game so it worked out great that BMHS had a home game while we were in town plus the new high school happens to be very close to my parents house, so it was perfect.
.JPG)
Dylan had fun shouting "ball" during the game, eating popcorn and dancing to the music during half time. Dylan didn't last long and went home with Grampy and Sharona for his normal bed time while Ava had a great time eating popcorn, cheering on the Huskies with mom and dad, and then going out for dinner and ice cream.
The next morning we were up and ready for yet another big day. It was the 2nd race of the three series Snowshoe Race in Beaver Creek.
Here's Ava practicing a few steps before the kids little snowshoe race.
Ava was up for running the race in her new snowshoe's but she just wasn't sure she wanted to run by herself, so I happily ran the race with her.
Your two time 5k winners. Simon and I won the men's and women's 5k snowshoe race again with only one more race in the series to go. It's been fun to win and win some great prizes but we're thinking we might want to step it up and run the 10k next race which has a little more competition.
Ava and Dylan enjoyed playing in the snow and swinging with Grampy and Sharona while waiting for mom and dad to to finish their race.


4 comments:
Looks like a fun weekend Kel! Snowshoe races?! That sounds hard to me...great job you two!
What a fun weekend! We are wishing we lived in CO now so we could actually enjoy some winter weather! Looks like the kids had a blast and congrats to you and Simon on your races - that's awesome! Hope you have a great week - love Katie and the kids.
Looks like fun...but lots of work! I love the pic of Dylan cuttin' a rug at the basketball game. :)
Sounds like a great weekend! I love that your family does so many active things together! I know you wish you lived closer to the mountains, but we REALLY wish we lived closer...these Iowa hills just aren't cutting it:) Have a good rest of the week!
Post a Comment