I already have updates to my recently posted 4th of July post (scroll to the bottom of my 4th of July post below) as Shane and Sean have picked an name for their 4th of July baby girl - Riley Ember. Both Shane and Riley are doing great! What a beautiful little girl.Other news - I have been meaning to post that Dylan has been crawling since Tuesday, June 30th and as of this past weekend he is crawling from room to room at a rapid pace. We think a big part of his recent crawling is due to his recent three rounds of antibiotic injections that he received starting Monday the 29th. Dylan has been battling a rough ear infection of the last month or so and has had a total of 4 ear infections over the last several months. When two rounds of antibiotics didn't clear up his ear infection, he then had to receive antibiotic injections into each leg for three days in a row. It was rough, but Dylan is doing much better and the pediatrician feels that it's probably helped him feel less off balance and thus, has been able to gain a little more control and feel less wobbly and less confused (no more going backwards) and therefore is off and running with his crawling so we are so happy that he's doing better. I took Dylan into the doctor's office again today to check his ears and although he still has some fluid, at least there is no more infection. We have an appointment scheduled with the very well-know Children's Hospital on August 4th to discuss the possibility of tubes (yuck). Let's just hope he doesn't get another ear infection from now until Aug. 4th. I will post a crawling video soon as requested from the grandparents.


2 comments:
Yea, Dylan! I am so excited your ears are clearing up! Isn't crawling fun. I get into a lot of trouble crawling around! Love, Lainey
PS-I adore the name Riley for a girl! We had that on our short list. :)
Kelly--I know tubes don't sound that fun, but once they're in, it's amazing. Max had his Jan. 31, 2008 and they're still in his ears now and he hasn't had another infection since. He had 6 in 4 months.
Glad he's crawling! The doctor said the same thing about Max and walking. He walked 2 weeks after he got tubes because his balance was back. Good Luck!
Post a Comment