Biggest Birthday Bash of The Year!

This Saturday we celebrated Ava's 4th Birthday a little early. Ava's friend Alex's mom and I planned a Circus Birthday party for Ava and Alex at our neighborhood park. Ava really wanted a Jumpy Castle for her birthday and so Katie (Alex's mom) and I thought a Circus themed party would be perfect for renting a Jumpy Castle.
Here's Ava enjoying the Jumpy Castle with all her friends. The kids wore themselves out jumping for hours. I need one of these in my yard permanently. It's a great way for kids to burn off all their energy.
I can't believe they're 4 years old.
The weather was gorgeous and a little warm so we were so thankful to be able to use Simon's shade canopies that he has for his race business. They were a life saver and made the party so much more enjoyable.Trying to organize a bunch of kids for a water balloon toss was hilarious and everyone welcomed getting a little wet to cool off. Thanks Grampy for helping us fill up all 150 plus water balloons.

Thanks ladies (husbands not pictured) for coming to Ava's Birthday Party. You're the best!
Thank you also to Grampy and Sharona for leaving their new granddaughter in Iowa earlier then they wanted just to drive back to Colorado to make it in time for Ava's Birthday Bash. You both were such a big help watching the kids the morning of the party, helping with set-up and clean-up and helping with Dylan during the party and keeping track of Ava. Thank you!
Even Simon and I enjoyed getting the chance to jump in the Jumpy Castle after most of the guests had left. It was way to crowded with too many 4 year olds during the party for me to jump.
Finally, the Circus had to end. Ava and Alex (with red cheeks from jumping so much) both said they had fun and loved their birthday party. Katie and I were so happy to hear they enjoyed all our hard work.
After 3 hours of fun Ava came home a took a long nap. Then she woke up for an outfit change and was ready to open gifts with greasy, sun-screened hair and her Birthday tiara.

Thanks Grampy and Sharona for Ava's new bike! I can't believe she has already out grown the bike she got for her 3rd Birthday. She sure is a tall drink of water!

The video quality is poor, but I had to post this cute video of Ava shaking her hips with her "heel highs" (as Ava likes to call them).
Our little "worker" hard at work. Ava is such a good helper and is truly a little worker. Here she is on Sunday helping dad clean and wash everything from her Birthday party. Thanks, Ava, for being so helpful.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like a great bday party!!! You are so cute in your crown Ava! Happy Birthday!

Kel said...

Wow! That is a PARTY! I love those jumpy castles, but you are right that they do get very crowded! Can't wait to see the bday girl in about three days. :)

Liz said...

Wow, I would say Ava's pary was a HUGE success! See you all next month!

Beth Hoden said...

Wow..great party!! Kelly---if the whole accounting thing doesn't work out, you should go into party planning!

background