Happy 4th of July and WELCOME baby DeBourcy!

Here we are getting ready to watch fireworks on Friday night at a park near our house. We went with friends Jenny and Steve who later had a fun BBQ at there house on Saturday. Sorry Jenny and Steve that we couldn't stay very long at your fun BBQ - thanks for having us over!
Here's Ava watching and commenting on all the pretty fire works. She loved all the purple fireworks and the really noisy ones too.
I ran a 4 mile race on Saturday morning which was a fun way to spend the morning of the 4th and after the race there were lots of fun games, face painting and food for the kids.
Yummy, watermelon!
Ava ran in the kids race after the adult race and loved getting her red ribbon at the finish. Good job Ava.
Ava waving her flag she won while fishing in the kids duck pond...

...and here's Dylan destroying Ava's flag. Good thing Ava had already forgotten about her flag.

The biggest news of the weekend is that I am now a proud Aunt of a new baby girl born on the 4th of July. Shane delivered a beautiful baby girl (name to come soon) weighing 8.14 lbs and 21 inches long. I can't wait to visit baby DeBourcy on July 16th with Ava. Congratulations Shane and Sean!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Yippy for your fun 4th and for being a new aunt! :) Congrats!!!

Kel said...

YEA! I'm so excited for you and for Sean and Shane! A baby on the 4th...that's AWESOME! It will be fun to meet little baby DeBourcy in two weeks. :)

Beth Hoden said...

Kelly--hey! Great pics of the 4th activities and congrats on being an aunt!! So you guys are going to be in davenport? Maybe the kids and I could drive down and meet for lunch sometime while you're there. I totally understand if it doesn't work though as I'm sure you'll be really busy with family stuff.

background