Ava on Skis (see video below)


This weekend we headed up to the mountains to visit Grampy and Sharona and Simon and I took Ava up on the ski hill for a little practicing. We had a great time and I'm so glad the weather was nice and sunny for us to play with Ava. Ava's favorite part was riding the gondola and she did a great job practicing her balance on skis and learning how to stop. It was just nice to be outdoors enjoying the sunshine. It was so warm that Ava wanted nothing to do with wearing her helmet so we didn't push it, which probably isn't a good practice to get into, but as you can see from the video I was a little over protective of her so she wouldn't bump her head. I thought Ava would be more excited to spend the afternoon with just mom and dad, but she of course asked twice about Dylan. She just loves her "little buddy". I think we'll practice one more time with Ava only having her skis on so she can really get a good feel for stopping and then we'll strap on our skis and help her start turning and getting more speed. Dylan had a great weekend in the mountains as well and of course was doing a lot of smiling and talking. He was also starting to scooch his knees up under his belly during tummy time so I'm sure he'll be motoring around soon. He is just always so very happy and smiley and hardly ever cries.





No comments:

background