Ava and Dylan Updates

Dylan rolled over from his back to his tummy for the first time this weekend. He's been rolling from his tummy to his back for a while now and has been so close to rolling from his back to his tummy so we were very excited when he suddenly made it all the way over this weekend. Simon, Ava and I were all playing with Dylan on the floor when he rolled over so we all made a big deal, clapping and cheering for him. Dylan will sometimes raise his arm at us to wave hi/bye which has been cute even if it's just a coincidence (it's fun to think he's trying to wave at us). He is still just the happiest little guy ever and loves to give big smiles. Dylan has been doing really well at daycare and both yesterday and today his daycare ladies told me he has been such a little angel. I love hearing that he's doing so well while I'm at work and I love when I come to pick him up after work and he's all smiles.



Ava went up and stayed with her grandparents in the mountains on Sunday night through Tuesday afternoon. She had lots of fun beating Grampy and Sharona playing Candy Land, riding her bike in Grampy's heated garage, practicing her skiing even though it was raining on the ski slopes, and going to the pool with Sharona. Ava's growing up so fast and I think she really enjoys getting to go to her Grandparent's house by herself. Ava's been doing really well writing all her letters, looking at words and identifying letters and sounding out words. Ava really loves to play board games, read books, go to the park, play dress up with her girl friends and loves being a big sister. Today she said to me "Hey mom... I'm really glad I'm a girl because I always wanted to be a big sister when I grew up and not a big brother." Ava just adores her little brother and she's such a good little helper.

2 comments:

Kel said...

I love Ava's chatter about wanting to be a big sister and not a big brother. How cute! Looks like Ava had a fun time in Vail. Too cute that Dylan is waving. He is always looking like he is in such a good mood, and it sounds like he is. Thanks for all of the updates.

Julie said...

Gosh, I would like to go to Grampa and Sharona's too! Sounds like a great time. I still have fond memories of our trip to Vail! Love Ava's blue eyes and Dylan's happiness!

background