CIM 2008

I headed out to Sacrmento to run the California International Marathon on 12/09. Joining me on this trip were college friends Mark Thompson and Nate Canton. Normally, I get in one "guy trip" per year, so my extended marathon weekend, fit the criteria for 2008.


I met Nate and Mark at the Sacarmento airport on Saturday afternoon and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, downtown Sacarmento. Sacarmento was a bit of a let down, as far as the city goes, let's just say that I would never vacation there, of course I also did not see the entire city, so I should probably not pass judgement.


This was my fifth marathon, I have run Denver three times and also Grandma's Marathon in Duluth. I was looking forward to a fast course (net elevation loss) and the lower altitude. The conditions were ideal, low 40's, no wind and overcast skies. In fact, I don't think I saw the sun in my 48 hours of Sacarmento. It was warmer in Denver than in Sacaramento.


The race went well, I ran a 2:54 (6:40 per mile pace) which was a PR (Personal Record) and three minutes faster than what I ran the Denver Marathon in. My friend Nate ran a 2:51 and Mark ran a 3:18.


It was a fun weekend and a great time and a big thanks to Kelly for watching the kids while I was gone, that's ten times more difficult than running a marathon! I'm already thinking about what marathon that I want to run for 2009!






No comments:

background