A Day With The Wild

 Ava's first big project and class presentation on the Plesiosaurus. She did a great job on all her research, creating her project, writing her story and then presenting her project in front of her classmates.

Up next, was a packed weekend of soccer games, timing races and going to the Wild Animal Sanctuary. Dylan was so excited for his soccer game that he woke up early, got dressed and even put on his cleats and shin guards all by himself even though his game wasn't until 9:30 AM. He was so ready for Grampy, Sharona and Ava to take him to his first game of the spring season and I was told he did great too. I was then able to make it to most of Ava's game but, unfortunately missed her first goal (I was timing a race). Great news however, she scored two more goals after I showed up. Ava played hard and most important, she had tons of fun.
Sunday, it was time to finally head to The Wild Animal Sanctuary that we've been wanting to check out for awhile now.
 Views from the...
 ...mile long sky walk where we could see...
 ... lions and also...
 ...hear them roar.
 Newly rescued tigers getting acquainted with their new home. They look happy and...
 ...healthy from being rescued.
 While some bears were trying to stay cool...
...others were very active and...
...playful. I loved  the active bears and best of all...
 ...we were greeted by some very loud howling wolves when we arrived. 
 It was a great experience.
We were happy to see so many rescued, healthy, playful animals. It was so much cooler than the Zoo.

1 comment:

Beth Hoden said...

That is awesome! You guys would love the safari ride at the animal kingdom at Disney World. It reminded me of those animals, only none quite as fat as that tiger! I'm going to show my kids those pictures tomorrow!

background