Tuesday, September 4, 2012, Dylan started preschool. He was so excited the night before he could hardly sleep and he insisted on sleeping with his backpack right next to his bed.
When Dylan woke up he got dressed right away, brushed his teeth and came out to the kitchen with his backpack on and was ready to go. I'm very happy Dylan was so excited about going back to school however, I'm really going to miss hanging out with him on a daily basis. I loved our learning time together, reading stories, sitting and talking on the front porch, and going for walks and bike rides. Of course we'll still be able to do all those fun things but, just not as often or on our own schedule.
After Dylan's first day he said he had a ton of fun and played "lots and lots" in the sandbox with his best buddy Jackson, but, he wasn't sure if he wanted to go to school every day because he said he was going to miss me (ahhh...so sweet). I'm sure he'll get use to a new routine in no time.
Now with Dylan and Ava both in school, it's time for this mom to head back to work part-time. After a wonderful 6 months off of work and getting to hang out with my awesome kids and getting to say yes to a majority of all the things they wanted to do... I am now however, looking forward to going back to work 25 hours a week and being able to do something for myself while still having a great work/life balance for my kids.
Now with Dylan and Ava both in school, it's time for this mom to head back to work part-time. After a wonderful 6 months off of work and getting to hang out with my awesome kids and getting to say yes to a majority of all the things they wanted to do... I am now however, looking forward to going back to work 25 hours a week and being able to do something for myself while still having a great work/life balance for my kids.



2 comments:
So glad you were able to have that time with them Kelly! What is your job? It sounds great with the hours!
I'm finally catching up with blog reading! Hope school continues to go well for Dylan. So glad you got some time at home...especially over the summer and that you still get to work part time! what a blessing.
Post a Comment