
We woke up Saturday morning to a little snow which had the kids VERY excited. I was hoping they'd sleep until 8:30 am, but they came in our room at their normal 8 am hour screaming "it's snowing."
The snow melted an hour later while we headed off for the kids swim lessons that morning and later to Kids Club so that I could work out at the gym while it rained. Unfortunately, the rain didn't stop which ruined our plans for the festival on Saturday. BUT, we woke up Sunday to lots of sun shine so we headed out again for the pumpkin festival and here's what the kids had to say about all their fun.

Ava: "Let's check out the corn maze first!"
Dylan: "Sounds good to me. Can we eat the corn too?"
Ava: "No, Dylan don't eat the corn."
Dylan: "Too late. I already tried it."

Ava: "I think we better go left here. Last time mom made a wrong turn."

Dylan: "Okay, Ava, how about you be the leader through the corn maze while I keep busy making new friends."

Ava: "That maze was awesome, but a lot of work. Good thing mom was smart and brought our wagon for our tired legs."
Dylan: "Yeah and check out these huge corn dogs she bought us too. I'm starving from all that walking."

Ava: "Dylan, stand very still. Mom's trying to take a picture of our face-painted-cheeks."
Dylan: "I can't. I'm way too excited about that big, cool tractor over there."

Ava: "Hey, why are we doing all the work while mom just sits there and relaxes on the carnival ride?"
Dylan: "Not sure, but my arms are tired from all this pulling on the rope."

Ava: "Dylan, you're suppose to ride this toy with your legs like this. See?"

Dylan: "Nah, I'd rather just kick like this because I can go much faster."

Ava: "Are you kidding me Dylan. We waited in that huge, long line just so you could ride this airplane and now you're getting off before it even starts?"
Dylan: "Yep! Changed my mind. No way am I going to ride this bouncing airplane."

Ava: "Fine. I'll ride without you, but the next carnival ride is my choice then."

Dylan: "Sounds good. I'm going to head this way and start looking for my pumpkin now."

Dylan: "Did you find your perfect pumpkin Ava?"
Ava: "Yep, sure did, but mom forgot to bring a knife so I can't get this pumpkin cut off the tough vine."

Ava: "Yippy! I finally got it off. Check out my awesome pumpkin."

Dylan: "A little help over here Sister. I can't get this one off the vine either."

Dylan: "Never mind. I got it all by myself."

Dylan: "Do you think mom will let us get this big pumpkin too."
Ava: "Nope. Just smile so she can take yet another picture."

Ava: "Follow me Dylan. Now we have to bring our pumpkins over here to pay for them."
Dylan: "Don't worry, Sister, I'll use my strong muscles to help push the wagon for you."

Ava: "Good thing we found this sweeeet hay ride for mom at the end of the day."
Dylan: "Definitely. She looks exhausted from letting us play 4.5 hours at the pumpkin festival."
Ava: "That was a super fun day."
Dylan: "Agreed."
2 comments:
Ah..you have to love Colorado weather! I just love the scenery in the pics of the pumpkin patch. Looks like a great day!
I agree with Beth, those pics are BEAUTIFUL!! Love that the kids are such good friends. :)
Post a Comment