Christmas Train

The weather was spectacular last weekend so we made the most of it by spending lots of time outside, going for walks and playing at the park.

Simon timed his last race of 2010 so the kids and I headed to the Colorado Railroad Museum to see the Christmas decorated trains, meet Santa (again) and take a fun train ride.
The kids we screaming their heads off with excitement in the morning because they could hardly wait to go for a train ride. While I was finishing packing up our picnic lunch, Ava was giving Dylan a train ride around the house while Dylan was yelling "chooo chooo."

Dylan was so excited when we arrived at the train station that he was literally shaking while screaming "Choo Chooooo."
Perfect day for a train ride. The train looped three times around the museum and railroad yard.
Watching the pretty Christmas decorated little trains going around the Christmas decorated village.
Ava ringing the bell.
We had so much fun on the first ride that we decided to go again before heading inside to see Santa.

Dylan was only going to get close enough to Santa to get his candy cane. Dylan was still polite enough to say "thank you" to Santa but, wanted nothing to do with sitting on his lap.

After our picnic lunch the kids went home for some rest time. Dylan took a 5 hour nap. I guess all that excitement of the trains really wore him out.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Love the trains and how fun that Dylan got SO excited! I love it.

Kel said...

A 5-hour nap? Did he sleep that night? That is CRAZY! The train expedition sounded really fun. Looks like Dylan can join Lainey in the "no-sitting-on-Santa's-lap club. :)

Beth Hoden said...

I'm with Kelly...a 5 hour nap! Sometimes I get excited when they sleep that many straight hours at night!! So jealous that you have such great weather out there. What fun to see the trains and get to spend time outside in December. I think our high temperature in the last three weeks has been 15 degrees! I'm ready for spring:)

background