Last Two Weekends

Catching up on a few posts from the last two weekends...Picture and video at the park while waiting for Simon to finish a very fast 10K race in Longmont (his fastest 10k to-date. Nice job Simon!).

Simon and Ava after Simon's 10K race.

After the race we went to a friends house where the kids got to play outside, jump on the trampoline, and go swimming. Now of course Ava wants a trampoline, a pool and TWO cats - she must have had fun.We finished last weekend getting tons of house chores done and Ava and Simon did a great job on all the yard work.

On Tuesday my friend Lauren came to stay with us for a few nights while spending some extra time in CO before our friends wedding next weekend. Ava has loved sharing her room with Lauren and we've all enjoyed getting to spend time with her. Lauren and I even had the chance to go out and catch up with each other.

Heading into this past weekend we were sad to so say good bye to Lauren as she headed up to Vail, but the good news is that we'll see her next weekend for Katie's wedding. After saying good bye we headed to Estes Park to stay at the Seaser's Palace with Grampy, Sharona and the Seaser's. A big Thank you to the Seaser's for their hospitality and for letting us stay at their gorgeous place for a fun little get-away weekend. We were originally heading to Estes for just a fun adventure day and I was planning on running a 10k as well. However, Simon signed me up for the half marathon in Estes for Sunday morning which I wasn't too pumped about, but I ended up running the 1/2 marathon really well and placed 1st for the women. Even though I didn't run a PR I was still excited about my time of 1:31 considering there were tons of hills and a 400 foot climb, yuck.
It worked out great to stay at the Seaser's house instead of having to get up at 4am to drive from Denver that morning and thank you again to Sharona, Grampy and the Seaser's for watching Dylan and Ava while Simon and I were at the race. Ava had so much fun playing in the woods, hiking around with Sharona, Grampy and Simon, and finding elk and deer tracks with Grampy. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera (I'm so bummed about that), but here are some pictures of Ava and Dylan before leaving for Estes on Saturday morning. They sure have fun playing together and laughing a ton.

3 comments:

Kel said...

You have all been SOOO busy! Thanks for the updates. I love the couch pics of the kids in the morning laughing! :)

Beth Hoden said...

Kelly--great pictures of the weekend activities! I hope you know how impressive it is that you ran that half marathon in the time that you did. The time it takes to train for something like that, work a full time job and raise two little ones is not something many could accomplish. Now I just need to get some of your motivation to move east to Iowa!! Slowly but surely, I guess:)

Julie said...

What a great time Kelly in your 1/2 marathon! You all are in great shape! :) Thanks for the updates.

background