It's December... Time to Decorate

Thursday night we kicked off the almost-weekend with a perfect night out at The Killers concert. The show was amazing, Simon and I love all their songs, and our suite seats were spectacular. The only sad part was how much Ava cried when she found out she wasn't going with us. Once she finally calmed down and realized it was a concert for adults and that it wasn't a show for kids she then told Simon and I "well then... when they hold out the microphone to the crowd you have to make sure you sing real loud 'I've got soul but, I'm not a soldier.'" I guess we've let her watch one to many concerts on DVD and so she knew Brandon Flowers would hold the microphone out to the crowd. Love it. 
 Friday, November 30th Grampy and Sharona came down to Denver to help us cheer on Ava, at her first basketball game and boy was the other team really tall.
It took a little while for the girls to get use to all the new rules, being able to steal the ball this year and having fouls called but, overall the girls still played great and gave it their all against an older 3rd grade team. 
 Home late Friday and up early Saturday to then watch Dylan at his basketball game. Grampy and Sharona got to see first hand how cute these little guys are on the court and how much of a high scoring game it is since no one dribbles. They just tuck the ball in like a football, run down the court, shoot a basket and then everyone stands under the basket trying to fight over the rebound.
 Dylan was pretty proud to score 4 baskets in the game.
 After the game we took advantage of the gorgeous weather and while the kids played outside, Grampy helped me tackle my outdoor tree lighting issue I was having with our old school lights. It was so fun to decorate our baby maple tree that's finally just big enough to have lights this year.
 Up next it was time to get out all the indoor decorations and put up the tree. With the kids being older, extremely excited and super helpful we were able to put up the tree in record time this year. My favorite part about putting up the tree with the kids is how unevenly spread out (or not) all the ornaments are. 
 That night Ava and I were still feeling pretty festive and in the mood for a little mother-daughter time and going ice skating at the gorgeous Southglenn rink with all the beautiful lights was just what we needed. When we came home we learned from the boys that Marley had eaten Ava's entire gingerbread house that she made at Thanksgiving.
 Needless to say Marley was one very sick dog all day Sunday and although I did feel bad for her, I was definitely pretty sick and tired of cleaning up all her upset-stomach-messes. Yuck.
Last but, not least our Ava was one lucky girl on Sunday afternoon getting to go to the Broncos game with one of her best buddies. So jealous but, so glad she had a blast cheering on the Broncos for their 8th win in a  row.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love the Christmas festivities! And poor Marley--that picture says it all! :) Enjoy the rest of the holiday season!

Kel said...

Basketball looks fun! I agree that the other team was super tall!

background