It's about time...

It's about time for me to finally make our first post of the New Year. We've been busy, busy but also very sick and trying to sleep lots, thus having neglected the blog.

Last weekend (1/8-1/10) we packed way too much into one weekend and unfortunately we all became even more sick and wishing we had rested a little more that weekend. BUT, we did have fun!

Last Friday Sharona came down to Denver to babysit so that Simon and I could go to the Nuggets game. My parents gave Simon Nuggets tickets for one of his Christmas gifts. The game was awesome! Thanks Sharona for babysitting.

Then Saturday morning we headed to the Quicker Quaker 5k and Oatmeal Festival. I ran ok for being sick and only ran 1 minute slower than Tera Moody who placed 5th at the US Olympic trials. I'm sure she wasn't running fast for her, but it was still fun to run with her. Then we headed inside for a yummy Oatmeal Festival with more toppings then you can even think of. Dylan and Ava ate only a little, but then had more fun running around on stage and hiding behind the huge curtains in the school's gymnasium. "When's mom going to finish running her race so we can go inside and eat some delicious, warm oatmeal... this is so boring."

After the Oatmeal Festival we came home for the kids naps and packed up the car to head up to the mountains. Ava road up to the mountains with Sharona, which she loved, while Simon, Dylan and I came up a little later that night. I could barely stay up until 8:30pm that night because my cold was really setting in, but we were waiting to see Grampy who was coming home from his hunting trip. Ava was so excited to have an ice cream party with Grampy when he came home.
Sunday, Simon and I ran in the 1st of a 3 series Snowshoe race in Beaver Creek. It was truly a ton of fun and very challenging for my fist snowshoe race and Simon's 2nd race. Simon WON overall for the 5k and I came in 2nd overall and 1st for the women. Although, we won some great prizes, by that night, I was really wishing I hadn't pushed myself to race. It made my cold 10x worse. Ava had fun with Grampy playing in the snow and at the park while they were waiting to watch Simon and I to finish, while Sharona stayed at home with Dylan for his 11am nap.
It's hard to see us, but I'm in the dark pink on the right of the picture and Simon's a few paces ahead of me in all black with his white bib on his right leg.

By the time this weekend rolled around, we were looking forward to relaxing after a busy one last weekend. I told Ava it was her weekend since we kind-of drug the kids around last weekend. So, Friday, we went out for dinner downtown - Ava's choice (she LOVES going downtown) and then Saturday Ava invited two of her buddies, Jack and Alex, over to play. They had a great time and the weather was gorgeous so Simon took them all to the park.

Sunday it was time to get some work done around the house. Simon refinished the deck while I played with the kids and then it was Simon's turn to watch the kids while I did some touch up painting on the kitchen cabinets, hallways and Dylan's room. It's amazing what kids toys can do to the walls. Simon was a great help in getting the kids out of the house and away from the paint fumes and took the kids downtown to a new park that Ava has been dying to go to.
Ava loved it and the weather was gorgeous once again.
Ava's a climber at the park and will climb as high as she can possibly go. While Dylan is a slider and loves to go down any way he can... bottom, tummy or head first.

2 comments:

Kel said...

Oh, it looks GORGEOUS there! Can you send some of that weather towards the midwest...

Julie said...

Sorry you got sick...it sounds like you still ran awesome! Love the new pictures of the kids playing too (the header one is so cool). Hopefully you can rest more now!

background